Bds suspension-not completely satisfied - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Bds suspension-not completely satisfied

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 03-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #16
Doch80
1995 YJ Wrangler 

When I got my clutch changed many years ago, the shop that did it didn't clean the flywheel off before putting back together or something to that effect and it ran like crap when I engaged the clutch through all the gears... Might have something to do with it

()_) ()_)-o-()_)
Doch80 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2013, 03:57 PM   #17
hdfxrs91
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Shuddering on initial take-off usually means weak springs on the clutch disc. As for the suspension, I would look at some of things mentioned here.
hdfxrs91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2013, 06:12 PM   #18
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I don't see how the lift can have any impact on your current trans issues if you didn't have those issues prior to the trans swap.

As for the rake.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolnmatthews View Post
..... Never liked the stance of the Jeep, I like them to sit level,................
Was this only after the new lift? Like mentioned it is pretty common for just about any lift using the same springs all the way around to do this.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2013, 06:16 PM   #19
lincolnmatthews
1987 YJ Wrangler 

You guys are right! I should have done more research before I purchased the lift. I didn't talk to anybody on the BD'S site, I just got online bought the 2" lift & followed there recommendations to buy the 6" shackles (4) which I did. At the time I assumed (we all know what this means) that it would sit level & I would only have a 2" lift. Of course now I know that this gave me a 3" lift. Anyway I"m just *****in that if I want to retain this 3" lift I will have to to put shorter ones in the rear to level it out. OR I will also have to purchase 4 shackles with 0" raise to drop it back down only to 2" (of lift) & then maybe this will solve the roughness because of apparently I have to much lift now for the original drive line requiring a SYE joint that according to BDS isn't needed for 3"'s of lift. I think they should have had a better way of dealing with this other than remove a leaf from the rear, such as swapping out the shackles or ??. I know that I'm *****in about 2 issues here, for me though I feel that this lift has contributed to the driveability of this rig. (of course the bottom line is that I've spent a ton of $$$ rebuilding this rig & it drives like **(&**) sorry I'm just whining, I was expecting to much, I'm sure learning though quickly though! I know this needs to be closed I won't write again! that's a promise
lincolnmatthews is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2013, 06:32 PM   #20
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I have that exact lift. I do not have an sye. I have no driveline vibs. I have the same rake with the lift that it had when I bought it all stock. If you don't want to keep the factory rake you need to plan That into your lift. Other than some sub par xustomer service I fail to see where bds is at fault for your lack of knowledge. Also make surw the tcase drop was installed. At 3 inches some jeeps need it and some don't. Eithier way it was included in your kit.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using JeepForum

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Siva283 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2013, 11:05 AM   #21
20jeepster10
2004 TJ Wrangler 

i put a 3.5 rough country on my yj that was for a 6 cyl when i had the 4 cyl it sat level so i believe the lighter 4 cyl allowed it to be level. my rear springs gave out, because it was a dd commuter for 4 years when i hit a bump it felt like it was tipping left lol , im not that big but it eventually snapped the rear spring. I had the 2 in tcase dropp and never had a vibration in over 60,000 miles. just take the time to sort it out it will be fine. i would definitly put the shoert shackles on the rear.
20jeepster10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2013, 12:13 PM   #22
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I think your frustrations are misplaced toward BDS. They clearly say that you'll need longer shackles to clear they mil wrap, so you know anything longer is going to be more lift. As for the SYE, there have been lots of guys that have put 4" lifts on and not needed a SYE and there have been plenty that have put various 2" lifts on and needed them. I don't see this as being the fault of any particular lift manufacturer just another "every Jeep is different" type deal.

I do understand the frustration I just think it's misplaced.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.