JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   YJ Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/)
-   -   BDS 3.5" Kit coming Friday.... What else do i need? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/bds-3-5-kit-coming-friday-what-else-do-i-need-1239436/)

jayvando707 07-13-2011 10:23 PM

BDS 3.5" Kit coming Friday.... What else do i need?

got a BDS 3.5" kit coming Friday for my YJ... Its coming with the BDS 1" boomerang shackles.... so technically its a 4.5" kit...

other than the obviousSYE and Shaft WHAT ELSE SHOULD I LOOK INTO GETTING?

Are the supplied BDS shocks any good? i also bought extended brakes lines...

Anyone running this setup? 3.5" SUA 1'' SL?

Thanks! :cheers2:

grandboost98 07-14-2011 05:19 AM

if you plan on cutting the old bolts out, buy new, grade 8 bolts. the shocks seem to be kind of cheap, just plan ol white ones. and if your hard brake lines are in as bad of shape as mine were, plan on running new hard lines

Louie4 07-14-2011 06:09 AM

See if you can get a buddy and tempt them with pizza and a 6 pack (if that's your/their preference). Might not hurt to get some PB Blaster.

grandboost98 07-14-2011 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louie4 (Post 11855263)
See if you can get a buddy and tempt them with pizza and a 6 pack (if that's your/their preference). Might not hurt to get some PB Blaster.

x2 also a bunch of cutting wheels or sawzall blades, cutting wheels are way faster but not everyone likes to use them. PB anything you dont plan on cutting off starting now and everyday up to the install

Mameluke 07-14-2011 07:46 AM

you will cut off four times as many bolts as you set out intending to. rear shackles are a ***** because of the gas tank, so you will have to cut those. the rear bolts for the front springs were the worst of the whole project. took forever to get them out. had to grind down the whole bolt head and beat the whole thing with a hammer. buy alot of beer and copenhagen.

i run that basic set up, but i havent done SYE yet...soon enough. i have no issues with the shocks other than what grandboost said, they are just plain white and look sort of cheap. but i dont really care about that too much.

grandboost98 07-14-2011 08:00 AM

i think that the shocks are contributing to my rough ride aswell as limiting my flex. usually when you see plain white shocks that mean theyre just average shocks that most companys will use. if i could do it over again i would have pieced my kit together and saved some money

jaycal3 07-14-2011 08:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I just went 3.5" BDS and 1" Prothane BL... Gave up on trying to install myself and left it to the pro's due to the nutserts all spinning on me from the old mounts and BL... I dont have welding skills so it was well worth having it done correctly the first time. Love the lift! No SYE yet and no vibration at all. I got the blue shock boots to dress up the plain white shocks, but I dont think it would have bothered me either way.

Here she is now on the 3.5" BDS and 1" BL:

YJames90 07-14-2011 09:43 AM

I dont think they come with the poly bushings on each end. You may have to order them seperatly

95wrangler4life 07-14-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaycal3 (Post 11855685)
I just went 3.5" BDS and 1" Prothane BL... Gave up on trying to install myself and left it to the pro's due to the nutserts all spinning on me from the old mounts and BL... I dont have welding skills so it was well worth having it done correctly the first time. Love the lift! No SYE yet and no vibration at all. I got the blue shock boots to dress up the plain white shocks, but I dont think it would have bothered me either way.

Here she is now on the 3.5" BDS and 1" BL:

no SYE and no vibs but you do have a transfer case drop installed....

however i love the look, i take it those are 33's? I am looking at dropping a inch of lift of my heep and going to be ordering BDS springs for it, just haven't decided if I am ordering 2" or 3.5". not gonna hi-jack this thread gonna start one in a minute related to this!

i still want to start over on my exterior and get the dark blue and the tan interior, but i spend money on other dumb crap lol

jaycal3 07-14-2011 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 95wrangler4life (Post 11857923)
no SYE and no vibs but you do have a transfer case drop installed....

however i love the look, i take it those are 33's? I am looking at dropping a inch of lift of my heep and going to be ordering BDS springs for it, just haven't decided if I am ordering 2" or 3.5". not gonna hi-jack this thread gonna start one in a minute related to this!

i still want to start over on my exterior and get the dark blue and the tan interior, but i spend money on other dumb crap lol

Yes I have a transfer case drop... he was asking for anything else he may need outside the kit and this comes with the kit. And yup, 33's.

Will wait for your thread:2thumbsup:

jayvando707 07-15-2011 11:40 PM

just installed the lift.... JESUS! this thing is way higher than 3.5" + 1" booms!!!! No vibes! only on deceleration a bit.... threw some 33's on 17's on there while i buy 33's for my 15" rims.... wow! the ride is SO much better than my stock saggy springs!

Good thing i ordered the extra Poly bushings, too!

Thanks everyone!

jayvando707 07-16-2011 01:33 AM

2 Attachment(s)
here is a pic after the install with my 30 x 9.5 x 15's and one with 33's on 17's..... only until i save up enough scratch to get tires for my 15's!

and like i said..... i gained WAY more than 4.5"! i never knew just how BEAT UP my stock springs were!

Mameluke 07-16-2011 07:17 AM

Looks good, mine was the same way, ended up gaining way more height than planned. It will settle some

jayvando707 07-21-2011 07:15 PM

its been 5 days.... My YJ rides smoother than my dads TJ with a 4" lift!

imstillatwork 07-21-2011 09:19 PM

What's your rocker panel height with the 33's & lift?

The time now is 06:03 PM.