BBD Drilled out....still drip'n - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > BBD Drilled out....still drip'n

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 10-20-2002, 10:28 AM   #1
Plink

BBD Drilled out....still drip'n

After I drilled out the idle tubes they still drip...any idea why??? If I can't get them to stop dripping I going to drill them even bigger. Come on guys help me out here a little!!! Thanks!

[B]Need new front and rear bumpers[/B]
[B]HAM: KB3JQS[/B]
Plink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2002, 01:37 PM   #2
Meister_jeep

first off you should not waste your time with that. Buy a Weber or even better do like me and buy a HOWELL TBI (fuel injection) and there will be no more problems. Once your carter sh*ts its pants it does not get better
NUTTER BYPASS
FIBERGLASS BODY TUB
BDS 3.5
SYE+CV SHAFT
FORD 8.8 WITH 4.10 GEARS, DISK BRAKES
33x12.50 GOODYEAR MT/R's ON AR767 15x8
CUSTOM STANLESS STEEL DISCO`s
JUICEBOX.
LED TAIL LIGHTS
$10 homemade POSILOCK
-4.0 HEAD
-MIGHT TRY THE JEEP INJECTION KIT FROM WEBER
Meister_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2002, 09:08 PM   #3
Bob K

Spend $20 on a rebuild kit. Give the carb a good cleaning and rebuild. I'm very happy with my BBD carb. Drilled idle tubes and Juice Box ignition have made it all work even better.
31" BFG A/T's
K&N Filter
Custom Rock Guards
Turbo Muffler
Rear Track Bar in the shed
Other Tricks I won't tell to just anybody!

'99 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8
Towing Package
K&N FIPK
ProComp MX6 shocks
Borla Exhaust
Tow Hooks
Alpine CD with Infinity+iPod connect
Just getting started!

If you're not living on the edge...
you're taking up too much space.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2002, 03:16 AM   #4
Buzzard

I wouldn't drill them too much bigger. Did you clean them really good after drilling? I run a piece of wire in the idle tubes to be sure. I drilled mine out and it immediatly clogged up again because there was crud loose in the float bowl. It was just taking slightly bigger particles to clog it. I would also take the top of the carb off and look into the float bowl to see how much crud is in there under the floats. Just remove the floats and clean it out good, be careful not to get carb cleaner on the plastic accelerator pump, it could wreck it. I pulled a lot of these carbs apart and they all had crap in them. You also really need to blast out the passages with carb cleaner. Something clogged it to begin with, so its likly more crap is in there still. Also spend $3 for a new fuel filter.

The drilling is not always a permanent fix, you might have to get in there and clean out the idle tubes again, this just helps to pass slightly bigger stuff without clogging. I also find it easier to just take the top of the carb off to get to the venturi stack to do this, and less chance of those little choke plate bolts falling in the carb.

My Carter runs great now, especially after disabling the stepper motor while the metering pins were fully extended and doing the rest off the Nutter bypass.

Last edited by Buzzard; 10-21-2002 at 03:26 AM..
Buzzard is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.