battery draining - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > battery draining

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDRear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJSWAG 50 Cal Ammo Can Mount With M2A1 Can

Unread 02-06-2002, 03:38 PM   #1
bigins

battery draining

I HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP. i have a 92'renegade and a battery problem. I thought it was the alternator that went out so i replaced it. got a new battery.and i am not getting a chage from the alternator or some thing is draining the battery what are some things i can check to see what is draining the battery. THANKS

bigins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2002, 09:23 PM   #2
Mudpig

gotta 12 volt test light? Disconnect your pos. battery cable. Hook up test light between the wire terminal and the battery terminal. If the test light lights up you have a parasitic draw on your battery. Pull fuses one after another till light goes out. This fuse will be your problem circuit.
It's a jeep thing, I do understand!! 89 YJ Laredo,4.2L carburated. Chrome bumpers and grill. 31 AT's on 9x15 chrome modulars. Mustang GT buckets. 3" body lift and 1 1/2" shackle lift. Completely emission & computer free. Runs great!! Took the shackle lift out, they suck!!
Soon to be SOA with 35's
Mudpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2002, 06:54 AM   #3
cobra54

I once had a new Olds Cutlass that the battery kept goin dead on. Turned out to be a short in the starter.
01 Black Cobra 4.6L DOHC
02 ZX3 Focus 2.0L DOHC
cobra54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2002, 10:10 AM   #4
JACKED

I have a 93 YJ with hard top and defroster and found out that the defroster was stock on but no light to indicate it was on. everytime I defrosted my windows then shut off the jeep bout 8 hours later DEAD. hope that helps, probally won't but good luck.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.