Bastard Pack Question?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Bastard Pack Question??

Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdGear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 06-13-2013, 09:12 PM   #1
Chris_K
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Bastard Pack Question??

First of all I would like to say Hello, I am new to this forum and really appreciate all the info the site/members have to offer!

Iv been stalking CL for S10 springs to make a bastard pack for my yj for a while now with no luck... But I did come across a set of yj springs for a good price. I was wondering if I could combine them with my sad saggy springs to get some lift. Let me Know!-Chris

Chris_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 12:47 AM   #2
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Are they stock YJ springs or lift springs? It's useless if they are stock. You won't gain much. If they are lift springs you might as well just install them instead.

You can buy individual springs for around $100 each. Give or take of course. From there you can get the hardware you need and shocks after therefore saving you a lot of money.
Unread 06-14-2013, 08:07 AM   #3
Destr0
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I paid $35 a pair for S10 rear springs at a junkyard - that even included them torching them off rather than me trying to break old spring bolts free. Worked great for two years of abuse until I broke a spring. I recently got new lift springs up front and the ride is so much better (and my Jeep is a trail only Jeep) in the front than the back that I am going to be buying the same springs for the rear now.

The springs are the 3.5" Fabtech springs from Amazon - only $65 each, but they do not come with bushings so about $100 a corner.
Destr0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.