Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Basket for slant bar

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  RoverJeep90 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Sorry about that. Here you go.

Anyone seen a rear seat basket for early YJ's with slant bars. I'm looking for one that could swivel out of the way and easily removed when not needed.

You'll see from me simple drawings that I'm no engineering by far, but thought they migiht kick start some ideas for Uzaree (white rhino). BTW, I was drawing from memory and realize my scale for width is off (so don't laugh). My drawings show baskets swivel point inline with drivers seat, but could just as easily be across bed. Was trying to figure a way to allow room for unexpected rear passenger.

#4 ·
the only thing I have ever seen like that was some saddle bag setups for the bar. Looks like it could be functional but would take up alot of space in the back.

#6 ·
SleddinJeeper said:
Do you know someone who could build you one? I don't think they make anything like that.
There's a guy on Central Mississippi Jeep Association forum http://forums.cmsja.org/ that just opened a machine shop - think he goes by Uzree - who may be willing to give it a try. Think he's already making off roady Jeep bumpers.

#7 ·
Neat idea, and awesome drawings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.