Basic rear seat installation - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 02-10-2009, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
K8INFL
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Basic rear seat installation

Not sure why this is causing me so much trouble - I would think it would be easy. I bought my jeep a few years back and it came without a rear seat.

I put a thread on here and some members helped me get the seat and brackets. I got what I think is the right size bolts from the hardware store.

But the side seat hardware sticking out that looks like it should fit into the side wall brackets is too high. The bottom of the seat does have some screw in risers, but it looks as though I would have to remove them and put the seat on the rear floor to get it in the side brackets.

This just doesn't seem right. It can't be good to have the seat sitting on the floor...... Can someone tell me what height the side brackets should be from the floor - maybe they were put in short for some reason? Or can someone send me a picture showing what the installed seat should look like??

What am I missing (besides a brain) ?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-10-2009, 09:05 PM
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

I don't have any pics handy, but the rear edge of the seat bottom sits pretty close to being on the floor.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
post #3 of 6 Old 02-10-2009, 09:13 PM
lilBlackXJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Mine is only roughly an inch from the floor. If you'd like I can run out and snap a picture. With a tape measure for referance.

- 1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ -
K&N filter, removed swaybars, 7" 6000k HID AUX lights.
Little innocent looking Jeep, geeting lockers and a budget boost soon.

post #4 of 6 Old 02-10-2009, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
K8INFL
1993 YJ Wrangler 

so are there risers in the back on yours that is about an inch off the floor? Or nothing and the front bolts hold it in?

yes - a pic and measurements would be appreciated if you can.

Thanks!!
post #5 of 6 Old 02-10-2009, 09:35 PM
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by K8INFL View Post
so are there risers in the back on yours that is about an inch off the floor? Or nothing and the front bolts hold it in?

yes - a pic and measurements would be appreciated if you can.

Thanks!!
There should be one rubber tipped "riser" stud in the center of the rear part of the bottom that sits on the floor. The seat "pivots" on the front 2 mounting pins to fold forward.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
post #6 of 6 Old 02-11-2009, 04:55 AM
JaikYJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

The two brackets that your talking about that look to be on the side of your inner wheel wells only fit the seat when the back is upright. It locks it in place. Then there is a little lever on side of the bottom of the seat on the drivers side that when you pull that up the back of the seat folds down. And you can lift the seat forward. The female ends of the seatbelts mount in the middle of the floor right behind the seat and and the male ends mount to the floor right behind each side of the seat.

87 YJ(sold), 97 TJ(sold), 99 TJ(daily)
03 R1 (fun)68 Mustang Coupe(summer)
67 Fastback(resto)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.