Basic Maintenance - Engine Oil Change - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Basic Maintenance - Engine Oil Change

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdGear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4

Unread 07-29-2011, 12:19 PM   #46
Newk76
1991 YJ Wrangler 

What a little cutie, although I'm guessing she's not so little anymore!

We had a friend reccommend changing the oil pan plug because there is a rubber washer on it that will dry out. We have a slow drip coming from ours that we discovered while doing the clutch replacement, so obviously it needs it. Is this something that should be done on a regular basis? I've never even thought about it until now.

Newk76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2013, 03:18 PM   #47
YJUnit1988
1988 VJ 

Ditto on the well done for a good basic maintenance how to -- if more jeep owners and vehicle owners in general practiced these basics the cost of maintaining baby would be a lot less.
YJUnit1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 05:17 PM   #48
Kristina
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I also want to say thank you for this. Though the Hubbs and I have had our Jeep for a few years now, we had kids right after we bought the Wrangler (go figure, got the Wrangler then got pregnant ).

I'm not up and up on all the mechanics of it seeing as I haul the kids and dogs around most of the time in the Cherokee but find I am in the lovely predicament of spending next summer out in Montana with out the family, and Hubbs insists I take the Wrangler. Looks like now is the time I figure out how to do all the lovely maintenance and learn her quirks. I think we'll start with this, the oil change and the fluids. It can't be that hard right? Just like everything else, do it a few times and it's less intimidating.

Thank you again!
Kristina is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.