Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

bad vibrations help

596 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  bigh20rnr 
#1 ·
Okay it only vibrate durring acceleration , When I let off the gas the vibration stops , It doen't matter what speed or what rpm . Only when accelerating I noticed that I have a worn motor mount as well . I was just wondering if its the cat , the motor mount , or driveshaft. the vibration is more like a violent shake any thought or sugestions ?:brickwall

#2 ·
If you know have a worn motor mount I'd start there and see where that goes. Your profile says you haven't lifted your jeep so I doubt its the driveshaft, unless those shackles are REALLY big.

#6 ·
If you have a worn motor mount, and/or a worn out transmission mount, you will get vibration when torque is applied.

#7 ·
My motor mount was shot and it was giving me a pretty good shuddering when I was accelerating and After I replaced mine the problem went away. If you know its bad should replace it regardless as it may be compounding other problems you have.They are only 18 bucks apiece at autozone if you haven't got a lot of money or you can go for a better aftermarket set. Good luck

Rick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.