Backup-light Switch - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Backup-light Switch

Artec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300Rugged Ridge Bumpers, Winches, Performance from CCOR!JK Front Axle Truss

Unread 05-06-2010, 09:41 PM   #1
YJ Newby

Backup-light Switch

I accidently pulled the plug end off of the backup-light switch when I took the AX15 out of my Jeep this week. I was thinking about soldering the wires back into the plug, but wondered if it mattered which wire went into which socket. It is the "transmission side" of the plug that you disconnect on the passenger side of the tranny [the switch is still screwed into the transmission, it now just has two loose wires hanging out of it]. A new one [at the only auto parts store in town that carries them] is about $75 and I just do not want to spent that kind of money for a switch right now. Any ideas.....

Thanks!

YJ Newby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2010, 05:37 AM   #2
kloppk
1992 YJ Wrangler 

It doesn't matter which pin you connect each of the wires to.

Of course you could always just cut both connectors off the wires and connect the wires directly to each other.
kloppk is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.