Backfiring... - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Backfiring...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-08-2013, 05:08 PM   #91
C2tuck
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Ok. I took the dist cap off and took the rotor out, removed 2 small bolts and took off the brass colored plate. There is not a shiny metal plate that I can't get to budge. The pickup is under that. Is there a trick or do I just pry it off? Don't want to mess anything up. Please let me know ASAP. Thanks

C2tuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 07:21 PM   #92
C2tuck
1993 YJ Wrangler 

????? Anyone??
Unread 07-08-2013, 07:48 PM   #93
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2tuck View Post
????? Anyone??
Now you have to pull the center shaft so it seems. Never done one myself but the picture tells the story. MAKE SURE you mark how it came out. If you do not then it could go in 180 degrees out.

hold off on this fix

If your girl is throwing gang signs with her toes you're hitting the spot.

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
David C. Wilker Jr. USAF (RET)
laybackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 07:51 PM   #94
C2tuck
1993 YJ Wrangler 

That diagram is the one for the 6 cyl. The 4 is different
Unread 07-08-2013, 07:53 PM   #95
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
That diagram is the one for the 6 cyl. The 4 is different
I'll get back to you!

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
Unread 07-08-2013, 07:58 PM   #96
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

OK, pull the cap pull the rotor unplug the wiring and lift out the cam sensor says the manual. Maybe it is stuck in there. You DO NOT have to remove the shaft like it showed in the picture that I deleted. Like you need me to run you off on the wrong path to add to your woes.....

Unread 07-08-2013, 08:09 PM   #97
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

More information; these guys came with one of two different sized distributors.
I happen to have the small one on my '95 4.0.

Some of the information I have says the distributor has to be pulled and yet other information says you do not need to pull it to swap out the camshaft position sensor.

It has to be because of the two different diameter distributors.

Unread 07-08-2013, 09:04 PM   #98
C2tuck
1993 YJ Wrangler 

That is for the 6 cyl. The one I have on an engine stand in my garage is simple just like you described. Mine has cap, rotor, two little bolts, brass colored cover plate, shiny plate that is "pressed" onto the stud, and the sensor lives under that. I can't get the shiny plate to "pop" off. Don't know if I need a puller or what but I know something has to give...
Unread 07-09-2013, 06:59 AM   #99
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Mine just popped out once I took the rotor off. I have the smaller dizzy though. Can you post a pic of it. It may help us help you.

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Siva283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 07:13 AM   #100
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siva283 View Post
Mine just popped out once I took the rotor off. I have the smaller dizzy though. Can you post a pic of it. It may help us help you.
X 1,000 on a picture!

Unread 07-09-2013, 08:23 AM   #101
C2tuck
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Ok. I'll take one when I get home.
Unread 07-09-2013, 07:35 PM   #102
C2tuck
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Ok. Here you go
image.jpg  
Unread 07-09-2013, 07:38 PM   #103
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Ok. Here you go
If you want to try the smaller dizzy I think I still have a spare one around here and its got a good pick up in it. I won't be able to send it until monday though. Thats the best I can offer. They are $65 new at autozone with the pick up. I am 99 percent sure you can just switch them. I just sent one to que for his 89. You would need to get cap and rotor for a 95 from here on out is all thay would change

Sent from my SPH-L300 using JeepForum

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Unread 07-09-2013, 07:39 PM   #104
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siva283 View Post

If you want to try the smaller dizzy I think I still have a spare one around here and its got a good pick up in it. I won't be able to send it until monday though. Thats the best I can offer. They are $65 new at autozone with the pick up. I am 99 percent sure you can just switch them. I just sent one to que for his 89.

Ill cover shipping I use ky corp discount it only cost ke like 6 bucks to overnight it. I had 2 spares. Don't ask but bothcwere good and I should still have one

Unread 07-09-2013, 09:04 PM   #105
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Ok. Here you go
Looks like this doesn't it?

I think that your dizzy has to be removed to pull that type of pick up out

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.