back seat sliders?????? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > back seat sliders??????

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 07-24-2013, 11:50 AM   #1
mshows577
1995 YJ Wrangler 

back seat sliders??????

im a college guy and im constantly running around with 4 people in my jeep. or 3 people and the cooler. which is the most important thing. and i had an idea to take a front seat slider and but a fixed back seat (i have the folding one right now) and put the fixed back seat onto the slider. and mount it in the back so that when i have people back there they can pull the leaver and slide the seat all the way back to give them more leg room. anyone done anything like this? questions, comments, experience anything will be appriciated.

mshows577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 11:51 AM   #2
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

nope, not a mod i have seen yet.

"Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction". --I am not sure who said this but it properly describes our president.
superj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 12:16 PM   #3
Luuca
Professional Novice

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Interesting concept; however, knowing the seat belt mounting positions on my 91 YJ, the center belt clips would be buried in the seat fold at about 3 inches of slide rearward. What year is your YJ? Can you take a moment and fill out your vehicle's profile here on the forums so that we can get a better idea what you are working with?

I think if you made a "tray" that the seat and seat belt mounting position were affixed to, and fabbed a slider, that might work. Then again, you are trusting that tray with the safety of your passengers.
I only get 100 characters including BBcode for my Sig line now so I thought I'd be witty and write until I run out of characters but for some reason I'm not running out of space as if some magic or witchcraft is afoot. I wonder what it could be. Perhaps the planets aligned and I'm the exception to the rule or some benevolent soul in a position of authority has looked down upon me and my predicament and has opted to rectify it in his intoxicated state and make people read this whole thing for no reason at all. Other than his amusement of course.
Luuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 01:18 PM   #4
mshows577
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
Interesting concept; however, knowing the seat belt mounting positions on my 91 YJ, the center belt clips would be buried in the seat fold at about 3 inches of slide rearward. What year is your YJ? Can you take a moment and fill out your vehicle's profile here on the forums so that we can get a better idea what you are working with?

I think if you made a "tray" that the seat and seat belt mounting position were affixed to, and fabbed a slider, that might work. Then again, you are trusting that tray with the safety of your passengers.
i filled it out. i have been using jeep forum all summer and have never thought about my profile.

the stock jeep front seat slider comes in two pieces left slider and right slider and the leaver bar that connects between the two. the rear seat has a mount on each side which is bolted to a small support plate on the under side of the sheet metal.

i was thinking about mounting the seat to the sliding brackets on each side then mounting the sliding bracket to the floor, droping the gas tank and taking a 1/8 plate of metal. (something from the scrap pile at work) and putting it on the underside of the sheet metal for support. (running the bolts of the slider brackets all the way through the sheet metal floor and the 1/8 plate)

i could just move the seatbelt female end location back however far the seats will be back. using a plate underneath for support like i did for the sliders.

but so far its just an idea
mshows577 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.