Back in the saddle again - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Back in the saddle again

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-09-2006, 03:31 PM   #1
Grimpy

Back in the saddle again

After 10 years of jeeplessness, I'm back in the fold.

I found a nice '93 4cyl softtop with 87K miles for a decent price.

Now if the sun would just come out...

Grimpy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2006, 03:38 PM   #2
ramburger

Congrats-- what are your plans for mods. The fuel injection and the 4.10 gears are nice stock options you have, but you have the stock tires and suspension as well?
ramburger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2006, 03:57 PM   #3
Grimpy

I'm going to give it a good scrub when I get home. All new fluids when time permits, give the engine a bath too (looks like a leaky valve cover gasket).

Short term: I'll probably leave it stock, buy a new top (needs one), repair/replace stuff as necessary.

Long term: I'll see how I like the 2.5L, maybe plan on a V-8 swap in the future. Then I'll probably give it a minor lift, just enough for larger tires and upgrade the tranny and rear-end.

For now, I'll just drive the pants off it and see how it does.
Grimpy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.