ba10 to ax15 swap problem-engine wont stay running-stops abruptly - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > ba10 to ax15 swap problem-engine wont stay running-stops abruptly

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 08-08-2008, 08:27 PM   #1
saharajeepman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

ba10 to ax15 swap problem-engine wont stay running-stops abruptly

i am doing a ba10 to ax15 swap. when i turned the key for the first time, it would only crank once or twice. i figured that the battery was dead from sitting for awhile, so i bought a new one. after i put the new one in- i got it to crank over enough to start it, but that was after about two minutes of intermittent attempts. right after i got it to start, it would immediately die. i got it to start again and tried to rev it up a couple of times, but the second i let my foot off the gas it would die again. the strangest part is that it isnt shutting off like an engine normally would - in a smooth manner. its an abrupt stop, as if something is binding up. this happens whether i have the clutch in or not. the ax15 came out of a 93. i bought a new internal slave and master for the 93 and bled the system properly. any ideas?

TJ front driveshaft, SYE, Tom Woods rear driveshaft, Posi-lok, AX-15 swap.
saharajeepman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2008, 08:33 PM   #2
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

I would probably pull all the spark plugs out & try turning the engine over manually, with a ratchet & socket on the crank pulley. If it's really difficult to do (with the plugs out) I would think that something is binding up, as you mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.