Ba10 to ax15 ongoing saga of problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Ba10 to ax15 ongoing saga of problems

Poison Spyder Ricochet RockersROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-22-2013, 01:12 PM   #1
lincolnmatthews
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Ba10 to ax15 ongoing saga of problems

For any of you guys who have followed my thrds you will know that I've been plagued with problems. Quickly I had one shop rebld the ax15 & TC & anther shop do the conversion.

I've had nothing but problems, its lifted about 3", had a SYE installed, lined up the pinion, added new MM (Browndog), even dropped the TC down 3/4". This all helped alot. But I still have some roughness that seems to be coming from the clutch flywheel area?. Its still not right.

Here's my question: I told the shop to install a new clutch & pressure plate for the engine (an 87) not for the transmission used (a 1995), well I found out today that they installed a clutch & pressure plate for the year of transmission!

I've read this forum about the conversion & just talked to an apparent knowledgeable Jeep guy who says that this has been my problem all along. I would like to confirm this by some of you guys who know about this.

The shop is willing to R & R the trans etc & install the 87 parts there not happy but willing to do so. I just want to know for sure!! Appreciate all the help & criticism to that I have received on this forum!! Thanks!

lincolnmatthews is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.