BA10/5 with NP231...4WD shift linkage? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > BA10/5 with NP231...4WD shift linkage?

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaJK Front Axle Truss

Unread 04-26-2009, 10:30 AM   #1
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

BA10/5 with NP231...4WD shift linkage?

I'm putting an NP231 behind a BA10/5 and the shifter rod is about 2 inches short on the 207 shift assembly. Do I need a new shift mechanism or is there a way to rig it to work?

Toms87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2009, 11:19 AM   #2
Matt87YJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I ran into this issue when I did my Nv3550/Np231 swap. I would try to find the linkage from a 231. Heres a link to advanced adapter where I got a bracket, check it out and see if there is one for you. http://www.advanceadapters.com/categ...+Brackets.html
Unread 04-26-2009, 11:53 AM   #3
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I didn't see what i need on that site.

Here's the piece that looks too short, it needs to be maybe 2 inches longer.
Unread 04-26-2009, 12:00 PM   #4
Matt87YJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I don't see why you couldn't cut it in half and weld in what you need to make it fit.
Unread 04-26-2009, 12:09 PM   #5
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt87YJ View Post
I don't see why you couldn't cut it in half and weld in what you need to make it fit.
We have been messing around and came up with 2.5" that we need to make it longer and it should work well after that. More than likely we will just cut and weld.
Unread 05-08-2009, 07:52 PM   #6
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Just to get some closure to this thread - the linkage part that I posted a picture of was cut and lengthened by the appropriate amount. Seems to shift fine, although the Jeep is not drivable right now. I did use the entire 231 shifter assembly because the 207 seemed too different to be able to work.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.