axle swap question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > axle swap question

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 07-19-2001, 12:40 AM   #1
winokko

axle swap question

Is an 87 wranglers' axle compatible with a 95yj? (both are dana 35's) It's going to have 4.56 gears. Whereas I have 3.07. Would it be a straight swap or require modifications? What is the typical cost to expect for a gear swap in a front Dana 30?
Thanks In-Advance

Unread 07-19-2001, 12:43 PM   #2
rayray

It should be a straight swap. However, unless your getting a great deal, I would look for a d44 or better. The only benefit you'll gain with the 87 axle is the non c-clip axle shafts. Keep that in mind when/if your looking for a locker.

The gear swap should run around 300 if you know someone who can do the work for a reasonable cost. That cost includes the gear's, complete install kit, and shipping/tax.

rayray
rayray is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.