Axle Swap... Cutting Axle - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Axle Swap... Cutting Axle

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 09-22-2010, 10:04 AM   #16
Krochus
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDT3 View Post
Also why cant I attach a pic on here. When I click insert image it asks my for a web address type thing. I just cant attach a image from my pics on my computer?
click upload images in the 'attach files" box in additional options below the reply box (not quick reply)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickgnx88 View Post
"Jeep Wave threads, it's a newb thing, you wouldn't understand!"
Krochus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2010, 10:25 AM   #17
DDT3
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Yeap thats how it is on the hunting forum I go to. I just read here you need to have 25 posts before you can add a pic... Not a good feature...
DDT3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2010, 08:37 PM   #18
DDT3
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I bought the axles today!! I will post my build plan tomorrow. I know I will need some advise. Thanks
DDT3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2014, 09:51 PM   #19
ROCCRAWLER3
1988 YJ Wrangler 

In regards to the subject of 37's and the 2.5l engine not being "peppy" enough I have to say that's not true! Several years ago Tri-County Gear built a Yellow Jeep Wrangler Rock Crawler in which they changed everything but the stock 4cyl motor and ran it and won many competitions and if I am correct they did so just to prove that the stock 4cyl was a strong reliable motor. they competed with 35in tires with no problems. http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/16...-rock-crawler/
images.jpeg2a.jpeg

images.jpeg3a.jpeg

images.jpeg4a.jpeg

ROCCRAWLER3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2014, 01:14 AM   #20
Norcal_chris

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCCRAWLER3 View Post
In regards to the subject of 37's and the 2.5l engine not being "peppy" enough I have to say that's not true! Several years ago Tri-County Gear built a Yellow Jeep Wrangler Rock Crawler in which they changed everything but the stock 4cyl motor and ran it and won many competitions and if I am correct they did so just to prove that the stock 4cyl was a strong reliable motor. they competed with 35in tires with no problems. http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/16...-rock-crawler/
Offroad it doesn't matter unless you are rock bouncing.

My 2.5 has zero issues in that regard. It's every other aspect of it. Try and blast hills with 37s and you feel the pain

Just realized the unnecessary necro thread too...... Wow
Unread 03-14-2014, 03:17 AM   #21
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fratis
if the rest of the j10 is ok id take the whole thing and wheel that.
This. A guy I worked with had one for $600. If I knew more about it/them I would've been all over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krochus
In the subject if 37"s on a 2.5L. They don't make a gear low enough that'll make the 4 popper adequate by any stretch of the imagination.
Better tell ZTE that. Hahaha

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.