Axle help!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Axle help!!!

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 12-20-2001, 12:12 PM   #1
gojurick

Axle help!!!

Here goes. Not being the extreme mechanical type, I thought the wrenchheads here could help. I went to drive my 92 YJ the other day, after about a month of sitting, and it would not go. Starts fine, will not move. You can tell the power is there, the vehicle was rearing back. I fugred it was rear axle related, so I jacked and racked it, took it out of gear, no brakes and spun the driver's rear tire, spins ok. Rear passenger tire is locked, will not turn more than an inch or so either direction. Any ideas ? Before I drag it (literally) down to the local 4x4 shop, I want to know if it's something I can possibly tackle. I can work a tool or two, but I'm not going to take on an axle replacement or something of that nature. If it matters, it's a stock 35c, no locker, 4.10 gears. Thanks for any assistance people.

gojurick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2001, 01:59 PM   #2
Newfie

Was the park brake on while it was left parked for a month? If it was, it's prolly seized/stuck, not a big job to free it up. HTH
Unread 12-20-2001, 02:12 PM   #3
gojurick

Yes, the PB was on for the month. I'll look into that as a possibility. Thx.
gojurick is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.