ax5 swap for ax15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > ax5 swap for ax15

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 07-10-2007, 10:42 AM   #1
Hockey1
1990 YJ Wrangler 

ax5 swap for ax15

how hard would it be for me to swap in an ax15 into my 2.5? i dont have the funds for an engine swap and i cant find an ax5 for under $600.00. would this be difficult or even possible? i know that that the ax5 are very weak, so the ax15 would be better. they are ax15 forsale everywhere!

Welcome to America, now speak English!
Hockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2007, 11:08 AM   #2
redjeep669
2009 JK Wrangler 

check the classifieds. sometimes people give them away. and an ax15 will usually run more than an ax5. check out advance adapters. they make an adapter for the 25.- ax15. or you could do the 2.8 gm bellhousing/muncie 4sp. lots of options.
redjeep669 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2007, 12:10 PM   #3
Hockey1
1990 YJ Wrangler 

im just trying to find a tranny to make the wheels turn. its not a DD. its not driven hard at all. i would love to just stick with the ax5 if i could just find one. i found an ax15 with transfer case out of a 94 for $300. but with "very little" mechanical know how and even less money this swap sounds pricey. i saw a thread at pirate4x4 on this swap. he had to move his motor to do it!

if anyone knows of or has an ax5 to sell or get rid of PLEASE let me know

Welcome to America, now speak English!
Hockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.