AX5 replacement options. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > AX5 replacement options.

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 06-27-2005, 10:31 AM   #1
superjoe

AX5 replacement options.

i have heard of putting in a Toyota tranny the W56 or 59 (it is suposed to bolt right up to the AX5 bell houseing and just have to swap input shafts) but then i also have to replace the tcase (unless some one knows if the np231 will bolt up to that tranny?). what about replacing it with an AX15? i know that the AX15 is longer than the AX5 but will it bolt up? to either the motor or the bellhouseing? i know that i would have to change out the input shaft on the NP231 but that is better than completely replacing it, i just put in a SYE and i do not want to sell it yet.

()_) ()_)----)_)
superjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2005, 11:17 AM   #2
mYJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjoe
what about replacing it with an AX15? i know that the AX15 is longer than the AX5 but will it bolt up? to either the motor or the bellhouseing?
Here ya go....

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181361

[SIZE=1]92 YJ 2.5, OME, Flat Fendered, 31" Big O XTs, Crager Soft 8s, Posi-Lok, no sway/track bars, Exide Orbital, K&N, 4.0 TB & TBS, Mopar Performance Cam, Glass pack & Hi-Flow cat, Grant GT Removable Wheel, Tuffy Console, Other Stuff.[/SIZE]
[FONT=Impact][SIZE=2]Black JeepClub V2.0 #33[/SIZE] [/FONT][FONT=Tahoma] - Me & Roy[/FONT]
mYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2005, 12:46 PM   #3
superjoe

ok that was a great write up on page 6, i dont know if i want to get that much into it, but it does look like a great upgrade, i think that if i am going to do it i am going to slowly aquire the parts and untill i have it all together and silp it in there all at once.

anyone else have any options????
()_) ()_)----)_)
superjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2005, 05:20 PM   #4
TellyDSP
Poland and PPV!!!!
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjoe
i think that if i am going to do it i am going to slowly aquire the parts and untill i have it all together and silp it in there all at once.
That's where I stand. I was going to go this route, but I'm giving the AX-5 one more chance, and in the meantime, gather all my parts. Also, partly due to the lack of cheap AX15's around.

SIRA4x4 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples
n00bs bashing n00bs, it's a pitifull thing.
TellyDSP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2005, 06:46 PM   #5
mighty4banger
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I just found another working AX5 and threw it in. Cheap & quick.

Hey if nothin' else the 1st one lasted ~110K should keep me wheelin for a while.

I made sure it had a warranty from the yard I got it from...
95 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 4.88's, Aussie Locker D30, 35" Mud Rovers, Herculined tub, TKH rear bumper, Ford 8.8, JB Conv. SYE, Sylvania Silver Stars, T-MAX 9K winch, MORE 1" body lift, Turbo City oil pan skid, Rubicon Express 4" lift...

2012 KK Black all stock.
mighty4banger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.