AX5 Rebuild Sustainability - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > AX5 Rebuild Sustainability

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 07-15-2013, 04:19 PM   #1
Bubbagump
1995 YJ Wrangler 

AX5 Rebuild Sustainability

I'm just looking various opinions on how long an AX5 rebuild kit lasted for those who needed a rebuild done.

- Did you install the kit yourself or did you have it done professionally?

- How many miles are on the tranny?

- How long has it lasted you thus far?

Thanks for your input.

Bubbagump is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 11:06 PM   #2
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I had my AX-5 rebuilt 5+ years ago, by a friend of mine. He's a fork-lift mechanic for 20 years. I've put Pennzoil Synchromesh in it since. The only problem I've had was, I broke the re-used 5th c-clip. Make sure you get a new one.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 03:03 PM   #3
jsd1991yj
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Are their any kits to lean towards or stay away from?
jsd1991yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 08:32 PM   #4
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I believe there was a bearing/synchro kit, but I don't remember from where. It was too many years ago for an old guy like me to remember.
There will probably be some wear on other parts also. Some of them are hard to find. I found everything I needed from this guy. I wish he had a website when I was looking.

http://www.manualtransca.com/
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 08:40 PM   #5
lah2420
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I used SouthWestgear.com. They had all I needed. I also ordered a device that clamps behind the 5th gear c-clip in case of an issue like Mr. B ran into. It's only been about a year though and fairly low miles on it. I also run Pennzoil Syncomesh in it. I'm in the process of building another one for a friend with parts from the same place.
lah2420 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.