Ax5 interlock pins question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Ax5 interlock pins question

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 08-15-2013, 05:04 PM   #1
tloftin86
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Ax5 interlock pins question

Rebuilding my transmission in my jeep and I put all the shafts back in and balls but now I have 2 little cylinder type interlock pins and have no clue where they go, even looking at the breakdown it doesn't show where they go, has anyone done this before and know?

tloftin86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 07:34 AM   #2
biggunn
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tloftin86 View Post
Rebuilding my transmission in my jeep and I put all the shafts back in and balls but now I have 2 little cylinder type interlock pins and have no clue where they go, even looking at the breakdown it doesn't show where they go, has anyone done this before and know?
I'm sure you have it back together by now but here is a diagram. If they are small and oblong I believe they go in the holes in the shafts themselves. If they are the larger oblong bearings they go in the cast iron interlock gaps between the rods.
interlock-pins-ax5.jpg  
biggunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2013, 12:57 AM   #3
Wiggins3rd

Hey I just finished rebuilding my AX5. The 2 pins go in the shift rails
I might have a picture of it on my build

http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForu...?topic=11511.0
Wiggins3rd is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.