AX15 Rebuild - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > AX15 Rebuild

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 02-09-2011, 04:23 PM   #1
TippmannA-5
1989 YJ Wrangler 

AX15 Rebuild

Well I just picked up an AX15 for free I am going to start tearing into it today. If anyone wants to warn me of anything that I should know, just post it here!!!

Yellow Jeep Club Member #4.2
Every time a bird craps on my jeep, I sit on my front porch and eat scrambled eggs to show them what i'm capable of!
TippmannA-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2011, 05:48 PM   #2
burnout189
1993 YJ Wrangler 

if you havent done so, print out a manual. i found a free online manual on rebuilding the ax-15, printed it out, and it went very smoothly. i cant remember the site, but i found it on google.

BARNHART'S AUTO REPAIR
burnout189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2011, 06:26 PM   #3
4.7stroker
1988 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.billhughes.com/temp/AX15.pdf

Dwayne
4.7stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2011, 07:07 PM   #4
shadow57
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Follow this post it helped me alot.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/m...build-1032480/
shadow57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2011, 08:42 PM   #5
TippmannA-5
1989 YJ Wrangler 

K well i took the front half of it off, and it looks like it has never been used. The synchros don't look warn at all and the gears still have some machining on them from when they were made. I think I got a hell of a deal for free!! Thanks for the info guys!!
Yellow Jeep Club Member #4.2
Every time a bird craps on my jeep, I sit on my front porch and eat scrambled eggs to show them what i'm capable of!
TippmannA-5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gear install , jeep build , transmission

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.