AX-5 Transmission?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > AX-5 Transmission??

SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 01-21-2002, 06:21 PM   #1
gatt

AX-5 Transmission??

Got a 94 Wrangler 4 cyl and I think it has an AX-5 transmission. Can anyone tell me how to verify that it is an AX-5? I no longer have 5th gear and the transmission is making alot of noise in all other gears! I live in south NJ and want to buy a used transmission for the Jeep...anyone know any good places to get a transmission in the area? Never attempted to do a transmission job myself before...how hard is it???

gatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2002, 06:58 PM   #2
my litte red yj

well i have a 93 wrangler with a 4 banger (2.5) most of all of them had ax5 trans (light duty) on all 2.5, right now mine is at the trans shop my thing is it grindes 1st to 2nd. I will not attempt to fix it. i was thinking the same but if i buy a used one how long will it last??? i will post the cost what it cost to fix mine i should know in a few day's!!!
my litte red yj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.