AX 15 question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > AX 15 question

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-05-2011, 11:24 PM   #1
89yjsahara258
1989 YJ Wrangler 

AX 15 question

Hey tried searching but can't find my question. I am wondering what size the upper two bolts that mate the bell housing to the engine are. Tried 10mm socket but is does not seem very snug. What size did you use?

89yjsahara258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2011, 12:00 AM   #2
Opihi59
from here it gets rough

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Those are External torx--E12 size. They are a real b**ch to get loose, are very tight and hard to get to. Don't booger them up or you'll regret it. They are best reached from inside the Jeep, thru the shifter hole in the floor with several extensions on your ratchet wrench. Will add in a photo.

The one to the right, almost dead center in the photo. That's the E12 Torx head on the top two bolts of the bellhousing. They are way up high, just below the cylinderhead on the top of the block. Photo is of the driver's side to bolt, they are hard to see so that is the best photo you're gonna get.

Fill out your PROFILE, and don't forget to look in the FAQ for writeups

I'm stuck on da Rock http://kamfamily.wordpress.com/2009/...waiian-limpet/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian4.2 View Post
We will be going Metric every inch of the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40dog View Post
yes I'm a some guy and have always put gasket sealer on my surfaces before mating
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virjeep View Post
You should go to Pirate. I hear they are real smart over there. You'd fit right in.
Opihi59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2011, 12:21 AM   #3
89yjsahara258
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Much appreciated.
89yjsahara258 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.