AX-15 Internal to External Slave Cylinder Clutch line write up - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > AX-15 Internal to External Slave Cylinder Clutch line write up

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 02-24-2009, 07:25 PM   #16
bigredcherokee
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragman View Post
i need help. driving down the road came to a stop pulled my trans out of 5th gear, felt a drag. went to put it in first and wont go into gear. none not even reverse. clutch feels alright still has pressure, can hear the trans whining when i rev it up. but will not go into gear. not even if i shut the engine off. any ideas?
Sounds like you pressure plate isn't engaging.

Unread 02-26-2009, 08:20 PM   #17
Tshark299
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tshark299 View Post
I'll be crossing a similar bridge this summer. I'll be putting a '95 XJ AX-15 into my '87 YJ. I'm debating between making my '87 master work with the '95 slave, or make a '94 YJ master (which I also have) work with my firewall and clutch pedal (mounting and linkage are a different from what I can tell).

If the threads on your '92 master are the same as the threads on my '87 master, I don't see why this hose wouldn't work for me as well. Something for me to look into between now and then at least... Good luck on the rest of your project
I'm thinking more about this and just realized that I think the '94 YJ master I have might be part of a sealed master-hose-slave assembly... i.e. I'm not sure if I can separate the factory hose from the master or the slave. I haven't looked at the parts I've accumulated in a while. Does anyone know if that sealed pre-bled setup that comes from the factory can be taken apart?

'95 XJ - Donated drive train to the YJ, Parted out the rest

'51 CJ-3A - Buick 225 V6: Painless Wiring Harness, Warn Overdrive & Hubs, 2" Lift, 31" Muds
Tshark299 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2009, 03:52 PM   #18
bigredcherokee
1992 YJ Wrangler 

yes it can be separated. Nock that pin out.
Unread 02-28-2009, 05:45 PM   #19
Tshark299
1987 YJ Wrangler 

cool, thanks for the info

'95 XJ - Donated drive train to the YJ, Parted out the rest

'51 CJ-3A - Buick 225 V6: Painless Wiring Harness, Warn Overdrive & Hubs, 2" Lift, 31" Muds
Tshark299 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2009, 01:39 PM   #20
stacerbob
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I think this line would work for me also.
I have a 1991 YJ my son is working on. Came as a kit, trans transfer & driveshafts in the back, all it needs is assembly. The trans has an internal slave (correct for this year?) the plastic line has been cut from the internal slave cylinder, the line in unhooked under the jeep, looks like some sort of clip but I haven't looked close. If I had that fitting that pins into the master I could make it work easy.
stacerbob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2009, 02:58 PM   #21
Rideneversummer
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Nice job bigredcherokee, excellend writeup! I did a similar thing last weekend puting and AX-5 from a 97 (external slave) into my 91 (internal slave). I was just going to do a 97 clutch master cylinder, but it is longer than the 91 master and will not fit. It hit the brake booster. So I need to run the 91 clutch master with the 97 external slave. I'm going to cut the plastic lines and use a compression fitting to couple the two lines together. I'm doing this because it's cheap, but it sure is nice to know that there is a better option out there in case the compression fitting doesn't leaks or doesn't work. Like I said, nice write up!
Rideneversummer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2009, 08:50 PM   #22
bigredcherokee
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rideneversummer View Post
Nice job bigredcherokee, excellend writeup! I did a similar thing last weekend puting and AX-5 from a 97 (external slave) into my 91 (internal slave). I was just going to do a 97 clutch master cylinder, but it is longer than the 91 master and will not fit. It hit the brake booster. So I need to run the 91 clutch master with the 97 external slave. I'm going to cut the plastic lines and use a compression fitting to couple the two lines together. I'm doing this because it's cheap, but it sure is nice to know that there is a better option out there in case the compression fitting doesn't leaks or doesn't work. Like I said, nice write up!

Your welcome. Its nice to know everyone is benefiting from this....

Ya'll stay safe!
Unread 04-11-2009, 02:41 PM   #23
d-barr
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Yes, this was a big help.
I just finished mine today and happy with the results. Pedal feel is much better than it's ever been....I've own this jeep 19yrs. and this is the 4th time around.

Things to keep in mind....The 42" hose # 716130H is too short go with the 60". The slave cylinder fitting is 716130TJ. The master cyl. fitting for a 1990 style is 716130F. I will assume that the 716130 part number fits the later master, it's a push in pin type. How do I know all this.....because Advance Adapters kept sending the wrong parts until they ran out of new part numbers. That's right, I got them all. If I were to do it again I would just get the fittings. They never asked for the excess parts back so I have (1) 716130F and (1) 716130 left over.
d-barr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2009, 06:38 PM   #24
green89yj
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I'm in the middle of this right now. Did your YJ master cylinder work with your Cherokee slave cylinder?
WTS: 4.2 parts. Fuel lines, pump, block, head, accessories, just ask
green89yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2009, 06:43 PM   #25
bigredcherokee
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Yes sure did.
Unread 10-07-2009, 09:18 PM   #26
green89yj
1989 YJ Wrangler 

hmmmm. ok. back to the drawing board then.
WTS: 4.2 parts. Fuel lines, pump, block, head, accessories, just ask
green89yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2009, 09:25 PM   #27
bigredcherokee
1992 YJ Wrangler 

What problem are you having?
Unread 10-19-2009, 10:49 AM   #28
Rcajun
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Is your 42" length working out for you ok? I just ordered the 42" for a tj.
Rcajun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2009, 10:59 AM   #29
Rideneversummer
1991 YJ Wrangler 

42" is long enough

I ended up doing the same exact thing as bigredcherokee for my 97' TJ tranny in my 91' wrangler. I have 4" of lift and the 42" hose was more than sufficient.
Rideneversummer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2009, 11:51 AM   #30
bigredcherokee
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Yep working fine.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.