AX-15 install problems!!!! - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > AX-15 install problems!!!!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 10-19-2013, 11:08 AM   #106
silver03cobra

i have been sooo busy! getting on it tomorrow... even tho i used wood to install the piolt bushing i feel as if i may have hurt it in some way...

silver03cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2013, 01:32 PM   #107
rodgers3
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver03cobra View Post
i have been sooo busy! getting on it tomorrow... even tho i used wood to install the piolt bushing i feel as if i may have hurt it in some way...
I doubt you hurt it. I used a socket to drive mine in. Did you put the piolet on with the seal faceing the trans? Im not sure it makes a differnce except that the bearing could fail prematurely...
rodgers3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2013, 03:01 PM   #108
silver03cobra

its a bushing not bearing (made of brass)
Unread 10-19-2013, 03:09 PM   #109
trboxman

1987 YJ Wrangler 

As long as you soaked it in oil and got it in straight you'll be fine.
Unread 12-17-2013, 12:23 PM   #110
silver03cobra

No oil.. and the bushing got messed up... buying new one... as of now out of 6 cars 4 have transmission problems...
Unread 12-23-2013, 09:59 PM   #111
silver03cobra

If some on stumbles on this looking for help/having a problem. .. The first bushing I bought was wrong! Installed new RIGHT bushing and transmission slid right in....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.