Originally Posted by silver03cobra
Just re did the clutch still not working... this jeep hates me... I knew I should have stayed with mustangs
The only places that will prevent the transmission from mating are
* the alignment pins on the bellhousing (or on the block, depending on where they stayed during separation)
* the input shaft / clutch disk splines
* the input shaft length
* the pilot bearing
You can verify all of these by measuring with the transmission off. Or you can test fit things to rule out issues.
1) Have you slipped the clutch disk over the input shaft to verify it fits without sticking or binding?
2) Have you test fit the pilot bearing on the end of the input shaft?
3) Have you checked that there isn't something behind the pilot bearing that is preventing the input shaft from seating all of the way?
4) Have you test fit the bellhousing without the clutch/pressure plate installed to verify the shaft is not too long or pilot bearing issues?
It sucks that it's giving you so much trouble, but there must be at least ONE thing that is not right. we have to narrow it down by proving everything that you can and see what's left.