AutoRust Frame Replacement Pieces - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > AutoRust Frame Replacement Pieces

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 06-03-2010, 07:24 AM   #1
misbehavin
1993 YJ Wrangler 

AutoRust Frame Replacement Pieces

Im getting ready to get the front of my frame fixed, (drivers side by the steering box). And was going to purchase this replacement frame piece from Auto Rust (link below) and was wondering if anyone has used this before and had any input as to the quality or possible hiccups with the replacement.

Im going to be taking this to a shop as im not confident enough in my welding skills to tackle a frame replacement.

Auto Rust Technicians - Safe-T-Cap Frame Repair Kits*::*Jeep Kits*::*Front Frame & Shackle Mount, Left.. Wrangler YJ

-Brandon

Unread 06-03-2010, 08:35 AM   #2
YJNewbee
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I replaced the same section a few months ago. It was a great products fit perfectly and came with good instruction. The piece was exactly the same in every respect. If you are going to have in installed by a shop then it's even easier for you. i would suggest removing the front fender as well the front grill to make it easier for the garage and probably save labour costs only problem is the rad bolts to it but it makes the fron alot easier to get at. If you happen to decide to tackle it yourself PM me I can give yo the run down of how i did mine.
YJNewbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2010, 10:43 AM   #3
Chris Aunchman
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I did the same job this winter. Dave and the rest of the guys at Autorust are great. I'm from MA/RI, so I had a chance to pick them up at the shop, they have an AWESOME shop. It was kind of cool they actually have a mocked up chassis to make sure these pieces fit perfect!!!! To me that is some good quality assurance!!! Installing was really easy todo especially with having all the right measurements....

V/r,
Chris
Chris Aunchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2010, 12:02 PM   #4
misbehavin
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Wow thanks for the input, put a lot of my unease to rest.

It really bugs me that i dont have the skill to do this my self, if you guys have any advice on this that i could pass along to the shop to make their life easier/make sure they do the best job possible that would be great.

-Brandon
Unread 06-03-2010, 12:43 PM   #5
Chris Aunchman
1987 YJ Wrangler 

TObe honest with ya, if you have someone that does "on-site welding" you could save yourself some money probably. I mean it doesn't take much to drop the gas tank, and drop the rear of the leaf spring mark up and cut the bad area out. Then you could clamp it in place and call someone todo the welding for you. There are tons of alignment marks, plus Autorust gives you all the instructions, /w frame measurements. Reall all you need is an angle grinderto cut the old frame area out....
Chris Aunchman is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.