auto transmission problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > auto transmission problems

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 08-16-2013, 10:02 PM   #1
billy_butler
1995 YJ Wrangler 

auto transmission problems

alright fellas, i just picked up a sweet half way done project/headache. its a 95 yj with a SBC swap, they also did me a favor and tossed a turbo 400 in it. along with a sweet three inch body lift now to the issue, i was down grading my 3 in BL to a 1 inch cause there was tons of clearance that was not needed. the aftermarket radiator needed to get reworked for clearance issues with the steering box. when i took the tranny lines off there was no tranny fluid in the radiator not a drop. so my question is. what could cause this problem? its shifting fine and if i wouldnt have taken the lines off i would have never known anything was wrong with it... is there some sort of check valve or something that would stop fluid flow? i have searched the web high and low. i know this is a popular swap so maybe someone knows whats up... any ideas would be great.

billy_butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 12:02 AM   #2
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

If it ain't broke...
Unread 08-17-2013, 02:18 AM   #3
Dingo1033

1991 YJ Wrangler 

X2 to Anti. I've replaced radiators on auto trans cars that I've only gotten a few drops of trans fluid or none at all. Others have bled like a stuck pig. If everything works/runs/shifts fine, check the fluid and continue on as usual. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Unread 08-17-2013, 06:59 AM   #4
kahanabob
1992 YJ Wrangler 

take one line off and start it and put in N and see if fluid comes out?
kahanabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 11:36 AM   #5
billy_butler
1995 YJ Wrangler 

thanks alot fellas. its all good, turns out some trannys drain back into the pan when the pumps not running. thanks again.
billy_butler is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.