Auto Tranny Cold vs. Warm Probs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Auto Tranny Cold vs. Warm Probs

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORClayton Off Road XJ Long Arm Suspension Systems!

Unread 03-24-2002, 11:54 AM   #1
Mdwase

Auto Tranny Cold vs. Warm Probs

I have a tf999 auto tranny bolted to my 4.0 liter and I have a lot of problems not shifting into drive when cold. If I start the Jeep and let it warm up it shifts right into drive and away I go. During the summer months I don't seem to have any problems with this. Is anyone else experiencing this or is it time for a rebuild? New fluid, have not changed the filter yet, and I am going to do that today.

Mdwase is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2002, 12:22 PM   #2
Nine5YJ

I live in Massachusetts and all cars ive driven have had some rough shifting in the real cold winters if i havent let them warm up. My jeep is the same way, and its standard... it wont fully go into second gear or reverse without extra force on the shifter if its not wamred up if just start up and go.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.