JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   YJ Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/)
-   -   Aurora LED 50" for YJ. please help) (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/aurora-led-50-yj-please-help-1536327/)

all-right 06-14-2013 01:04 AM

Aurora LED 50" for YJ. please help)
 
4 Attachment(s)
Hi everybody!
My name is Roma, i'm from Russia, i like vodka and once have seen a bear =)
I'm verry sorry for my poor english, too small practice killing all knowledges.

But still, I hope that you would understand me, and moreover will give me good advice!

So, I have a nice Wrangler YJ 94' 4.0 AT.
It's very difficult and expensive to have such car in russia, cause of customs duty and price for a devilery of different stuff from USA, which made in China , that is much more nearer :brickwall

But still I've done it. during three years I've spent on my YJ 25 000$(US), and whole price of this project is 40 000$ for me. In USA you have nice cars. american dream. but when you want any car made not in Russia you have to pay 2 times more. for example my friend bought LJ 2004 for 15 000$ in US ind payed 20 000$ customs duty :rantscream:

ok, forgot.


Now about my problem)))
i've bought Aurora LED 50" and looking for a place to bind it.
most of all I like standart decision- over the windshield.
but I have two problems: I've already installed Safari Snorkel ARB, so there are no variants of using loops of windshield, cause one of them is closed by Snorkel.

Only wariant I see is drilling of frame, but slill, may be you have some ready decisions? or there might be any kits for such installing that I couldn't find on a quadratec.com...

I really hope you will help me :)

Michaelgoesrawr 06-14-2013 01:14 AM

I don't have the Internet links for you. But there will be people who do. They will see it tomorrow. It's 12 AM here.

There are kits that bolt it where you are holding it in your picture.

all-right 06-14-2013 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr (Post 15559945)
I don't have the Internet links for you. But there will be people who do. They will see it tomorrow. It's 12 AM here.

There are kits that bolt it where you are holding it in your picture.

Thanks a lot my friend!!!!!
i found only kits for TJ and JK, but not one for YJ :(

hope there will be such desisions cause I dont want to do it by myself.. its very difficult to make such holders without good instrument.

Michaelgoesrawr 06-14-2013 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by all-right

Thanks a lot my friend!!!!!
i found only kits for TJ and JK, but not one for YJ :(

hope there will be such desisions cause I dont want to do it by myself.. its very difficult to make such holders without good instrument.

Well, they made the brackets themselves. I'm sure well be able to help you out somehow.

superj 06-14-2013 04:46 AM

and you could also put it on the hood, if you have to. it would be a last resort to me though as i think the higher spot on top would give more illumination

lancer27 06-14-2013 05:02 AM

Be careful with your lights above the windshield. I had KC Daylighters long range mounted above the windshield like you want and when ever I was in rain or snow I lost visibility because of the light reflecting back. I am not sure if that light will have the same issue but Just something to think about.

Also sweet looking YJ 🇺🇸

all-right 06-14-2013 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superj (Post 15560079)
and you could also put it on the hood, if you have to. it would be a last resort to me though as i think the higher spot on top would give more illumination

If I understand you correctly, you think I should put it above windshield?
I'm afraid of trees and other things in forest, so my idea was to make it like a side screen..

all-right 06-14-2013 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancer27 (Post 15560100)
Be careful with your lights above the windshield. I had KC Daylighters long range mounted above the windshield like you want and when ever I was in rain or snow I lost visibility because of the light reflecting back. I am not sure if that light will have the same issue but Just something to think about.

Also sweet looking YJ 🇺🇸

yeah, you're absolutely right about reflecting, but i'm going to switch it on only in forest, cause I'm afraid this LED can kill someone on a highway :D

and i have a fog lites, so this LED is just for a off-road fun...(but most of roads in russia like offroad in USA ;) )

thanks for 'sweet looking' ))))
I'm very proud to hear it from USA)))

Anticanman 06-14-2013 06:48 AM

Find a spot at the top of the windshield frame that doesn't interfere with the snorkel or hard top and have a couple brackets bent up. Drill right ito the windshield but cover with small bits of rtv when installing to block water.


Definitely a great looking jeep!!!

all-right 06-14-2013 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anticanman (Post 15560305)
Find a spot at the top of the windshield frame that doesn't interfere with the snorkel or hard top and have a couple brackets bent up. Drill right ito the windshield but cover with small bits of rtv when installing to block water.


Definitely a great looking jeep!!!

Dear friend))) it's a really good advice, but it's too... i don't know... i mean i know it alredy)))) the problem is-make it looks great, and have i right curve on brakets.
I'm looking for a kits because frame on the top has a round form and its very difficult to curve 3mm metal list...

thanks for complement! little bit later I will post more fotos about my car and other cars from Russian fun-club))

Anticanman 06-14-2013 07:04 AM

This one wont interfere with your snorkel and you'll just have to drill a new hole for the mount.

http://www.illuminationleds.com/page/481559658

Fozzybear42 06-14-2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by all-right (Post 15559935)
My name is Roma, i'm from Russia, i like vodka and once have seen a bear =)

Best intro I've ever seen on a forum, and very nice looking yj!!!

Destr0 06-14-2013 08:24 AM

Can't help with the light bar mount but wanted to chime in on how awesome it is to see some Jeeps in Russia - very nice looking YJ you have!

~K

Michaelgoesrawr 06-14-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anticanman
This one wont interfere with your snorkel and you'll just have to drill a new hole for the mount.

http://www.illuminationleds.com/page/481559658

There we go. I was hoping Carlos would hop and and tell him. I didn't know they had it on their site. Wasn't there the last time I was on.

Roma, that is what I was talking about. It will help you nicely.

Anticanman 06-14-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr (Post 15560740)
There we go. I was hoping Carlos would hop and and tell him. I didn't know they had it on their site. Wasn't there the last time I was on.

Roma, that is what I was talking about. It will help you nicely.

Carlos is in Venezuela saving souls. Or just enjoying vacation. :D


The time now is 12:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.