August YJOTM Enter Now!! - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > August YJOTM Enter Now!!

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Closed Thread
Unread 08-16-2012, 09:01 PM   #61
kingcat400
1993 YJ Wrangler 

entered for the first time

kingcat400 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2012, 09:27 PM   #62
zte87
2.5 POWER!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman
When I took over this contest there were over 100 email entries per month in the archives. This is small potatoes.
Why do you think this is? I am looking forward to this months contest!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1272253/

94 jeep zj bb lift, 31-10.50-15 toyo at2s, magnaflow exhaust!
zte87 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2012, 09:36 PM   #63
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I have no idea as to why the contest doesn't have much participation. I've tried to integrate prizes back into it and I see that the tj and jk sections followed suit. I've also added pictures and currently we are the only contest to allow video as well. Personally, I wanted it to be the most visually appealing contest on the entire site. If there are any suggestions that would drum up contestants, lemme know.
Unread 08-16-2012, 09:56 PM   #64
zte87
2.5 POWER!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman
I have no idea as to why the contest doesn't have much participation. I've tried to integrate prizes back into it and I see that the tj and jk sections followed suit. I've also added pictures and currently we are the only contest to allow video as well. Personally, I wanted it to be the most visually appealing contest on the entire site. If there are any suggestions that would drum up contestants, lemme know.
I think you doing a good job, I also think most people to enter because they do t believe they even stand a chance at winning with so many nicely but yj's on his forum!

Unread 08-16-2012, 09:57 PM   #65
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Getting sponsors to send in free gear can be a big incentive... Also, I think having a thread like this stickied at the top of each forum would be a good idea..

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2012, 09:58 PM   #66
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zte87 View Post
I think you doing a good job, I also think most people to enter because they do t believe they even stand a chance at winning with so many nicely but yj's on his forum!

Exactly. Maybe if a modest, relatively unbuilt YJ were to win, then perhaps a lot more entries might be submitted.

hint hint

[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Unread 08-16-2012, 10:11 PM   #67
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

We went with the sponsorship and the sticky. Problem is that folks with the app disable stickies and cant see the contest. I like it bouncing around in general population vs solitary confinement.
Unread 08-16-2012, 10:15 PM   #68
zte87
2.5 POWER!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress

Exactly. Maybe if a modest, relatively unbuilt YJ were to win, then perhaps a lot more entries might be submitted.

hint hint
It all comes done to the people's vote hahaha, I vote for the under dog most of the time anyway and I vote for the guys rocking the 2.5 still! 2.5 ftw!

Unread 08-16-2012, 10:44 PM   #69
bigdhamYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I'll be sending my entry in tomorrow! Too tired to update it right now, I haven't entered since April or May I think. Haven't had time to update my entry since then, which is much needed, quite a few changes were made. Procrastinators unite... Tomorrow! Good to see the contest is still being put on, I think it will pick back up as people start to wrench and build throughout the fall and winter I imagine.
bigdhamYJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2012, 11:41 PM   #70
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zte87 View Post
It all comes done to the people's vote hahaha, I vote for the under dog most of the time anyway and I vote for the guys rocking the 2.5 still! 2.5 ftw!

You're saying I have a shot at being voted for!!

Unread 08-17-2012, 12:34 AM   #71
tdij
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Happy to hear we will have as many entries as we will this month. Surpassing the ten and having to narrow it down is a good start! Prizes are good, but that only goes so far. Out of curiosity... How long ago did you take it over canman?

I haven't been around jf as a member for all that long, after stalking for a while. I always looked at the yj contest being slower due to the general interest in them being slower.

The yj is my favorite generation, as is the case with many of you I am sure... But no question we are in the minority. Beyond that, I tend to follow more tj builds personally, largely due to the fact that yj owners don't seem to take as unique directions with their vehicles. Granted my jeep is an extreme in that regards (Maybe some jeepers would say extreme to a fault) but unique visions are what draw interest to a build... Or a contest for me.

I like to follow builds that are pushing the norm... Or doing something to set it apart from other yj's... Or jeeps for that matter. When you look at the tj contest for instance... You see a larger variety. Sometimes I struggle To really see the vision to yj builds... They just don't seem to be as inspired.

The fact that the jk is well established now... Means the tj is now a reasonably priced jeep to start with, and has replaced the yj as the "previous model" of jeep.

Not discrediting yj's or yj owners... Simply some reasoning I see for the lower interest in this contest.

Overall... I look forward to seeing the yj's every month! Bring it this month guys!
Unread 08-17-2012, 01:48 AM   #72
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

I stuck mine in there.
Unread 08-17-2012, 09:13 AM   #73
bigdhamYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Submission PM'd to canman. Look forward to seeing the lineup!
bigdhamYJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2012, 03:10 PM   #74
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Last day to enter!!!
Unread 08-19-2012, 07:49 PM   #75
zte87
2.5 POWER!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

so how many do you have now??

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.