Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

August YJOTM Enter Now!!

7K views 98 replies 23 participants last post by  HurricaneRZA 
#1 ·
Round 8 is here for 2012 and who wants a shot at the gold? I'll be waiting patiently for entries whilst refreshing my browser every five minutes until we get enough to hold a proper contest. Last month yielded more than ten entries so I threw them all in there and had you guys pick a winner. Let's make this month just as much fun!

Seriously though, if there are any questions, pm me. And fellers, don't throw any pretty text modifications in there like bolding certain sections. It's just more for me to edit out later. I would appreciate a certain amount of continuity in the entries. Best of luck to all!

Here are the rules:

The rules:
To enter into the Yj of the Month contest, you must adhere to a certain set of guidelines. These are set up to keep the contest within a reasonable format and provide the voters with a certain ease of use. Applicants must have 50 technical post and had been a member since the last calendar month respectively. Entries should follow this formatting:

-Username
-YJ year of production
-Specifications and modifications
-Brief history of your jeep and how it came to be. (optional)
-Three pictures tags embedded onto entry

Entries will be narrowed down by a secret panel of judges on here who have deemed themselves knowledgeable in the YJ spectrum. They will most likely be former winners themselves voted by the very guys entering in the first place. Winners of the contest cannot enter again for an entire calendar year but everyone is welcome to enter every month. For the time being, all entries should be sent to me via PM as to not lose track like entries sent in prior months that were eaten by the spam filter in the email account. If your entry is not selected, please review the formatting and double check the rules and try again next month.

If there are any more questions feel free to post in this thread or PM me with any concerns or suggestions. Some of the changes were due in part to the overwhelming amount of time it takes to put this together even with a set of judges to filter through the entries. Good luck to all!

[B]And please add a "YJ" tag to the PM, it helps me sort through them for archival purposes. I don't like missing any entries throughout the month amidst the dozens of other PM's I receive. This is kinda important.[/B]

`````````````````````````````````````````````````

[B]For this month's contest, if you would like to include one picture (in photobucket [IMG] format) and one (singular) one minute video hosted on YouTube of the jeep in action (not a tutorial of you talking like youre selling it) instead of the three pictures, please keep the language clean and the videos open to mobile access as I do most of this contest on my IPhone.
[/B]

See less See more
#11 ·
One of these days ill enter mine (when she's a bit further along) altho im fairly sure that the TJ front clip will most likely ruin any chance of getting on the podium :p

#20 ·
If you dont have enough by tomorrow morning I'll throw my baby Jeep into the mix :rofl: :rofl:

#25 ·
I was actually surfing a Jeep forum (not this one, cant remember which) and came across a thread about a guy who was in the process of ditching his coil springs (he had a rubicon) in favor of leaf springs. Both front and rear. He said that he used to have a YJ and loved the leaf springs. Everyone asked him, why dont you just get a YJ then? His reply was that he liked the interior/comfort of the rubi but preferred a leaf sprung jeep. Said it was easier to give a rubi leaf springs rather than giving a YJ a rubi interior. I guess it's true. But let's just say that 90% of the folks there thought he was crazy.

#23 ·
Then I suppose I've never seen a really bad *** TJ :rofl:

EDIT: Enter your TJ front clip YJ into the TJOTM contest LOL

#29 ·
I've seen a few guys in Florida do it too, and I'd like to do it someday on my YJ. Coils in the front for flexibility and clearance, and leaves in the rear for stability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.