August 2017 YJOTM Winner is cKruzer - JeepForum.com
 22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 Old 09-17-2017, 10:43 PM Thread Starter
DirtKar
I pledge allegiance.

1993 YJ Wrangler 

August 2017 YJOTM Winner is cKruzer

What a month! Big congrats to our winner, cKruzer on a well deserved win. Here's your victory lap, show us what you're proud of!

cyoos and cKruzer like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman

Come on by! It's easy to network locally when you join a 4x4 club especially when all the clubs in your state are united and invited to each other's runs. You meet poor folk like me or run into guys that own some of the big companies you only aspire to order from and drool when you see their products. The great uniting factor is that we are all jeepers at heart and are willing to help each other out even if its just a little. That's what the jeep wave is all about: community. The wave is the tip of the iceberg.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 Old 09-17-2017, 11:03 PM
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Sheet! Worked too much and missed another vote.
cKruzer has a hellofa Jeep.

Way to go Mr. Kruzer!
cKruzer likes this.

"Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built."
Henry Ford
post #3 of 34 Old 09-18-2017, 12:25 AM
timatoe
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Congrats on the win!!
cKruzer likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Orwell
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

post #4 of 34 Old 09-18-2017, 08:01 AM
cKruzer
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
This is quite humbling guys. We all come from different walks of life, from different backgrounds and different thought processes. Nonetheless we are all brothers in the end, of the same Jeep community, of the same race, of the same reality. Im an OCD person and coupled with the fact a builder always knows every scratch and defect... I never would have thought the build would have been worthy of critique at any point. Lol. Very humbling and thought changing to receive this validation of hard work. Thanks again so much you all. It truly is appreciated in so many ways, I cant fathom how to sufficiently show thanks. Hopefully this post will suffice. First thanks must go to my Wife for persevering through all the "almost done" and the "nearly there" and the "barely anything left to do" throughout the build. Haha. And of course I have a few close mentors who were always so ready to help when FSMs, Chiltons, and Google fell short: Thank you Shawn, Jody, and Robert. Thanks of course to all you guys who have offered your advice along the way as well. Thanks to Metalcloak and Quadratec for sponsoring!

Well anyways. yappity yap yap is over. Imma try and do a SparkNotes of the whole build here.

As received!

And as it sits today!!!

cyoos likes this.

1987 YJ - Aka; SpeedBump.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Target: 5.3L; AX15; NP231; D44/D60; 4.88s; 36s

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
הָיָה הָיָה הָיָה

YJOTM AUG '17
post #5 of 34 Old 09-18-2017, 08:06 AM
cKruzer
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Ok so the first thing I did was to get rid of the "offending" hardtop that i despised. (well, that didnt last long lmao).

Then I just had to do something RIGHT AWAY about those shackle lift fangs and the inverted leafs. So I put on a cheap 2.5" lift with the 31s to make it more pleasing to the eye. , until i could make a game plan for what I wanted to do.

Yeah. Well didn't take long for this 300k+ YJ to to befriend Casper. So i immediately had to build this little “dock” station, and put up a canopy tent over top. This was my build zone for the entire build, restoring all the individual pieces. Ive worked in there rain, snow, and shine.

Located at pristine 1995 YJ Frame. Cut off sway bar mounts. trimmed off all the bracketry here and there. Welded on Novak motor mounts. Sanded frame to bare metal, primed, POR15, then POR15 Topcoat.

Then located these 1979 F250 3/4 ton axels (44/60). The as received condition was NOT optimum. Lol. I believe the rust of these two was the hardest part of the build and truly was responsible for cultivating my distaste for cutting wheels…

הָיָה הָיָה הָיָה

YJOTM AUG '17
post #6 of 34 Old 09-18-2017, 08:10 AM
cKruzer
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Designed a custom flat dash with Dan, and did all new autometer gauges (jeep branding).

Followed by complete body rewire with EZ-Wire Kit. Plug and play on these 87-89 YJs. (much much cheaper option than painless)

Then shaved, cleaned, primed, and POR15 the axles (later on did Chassis Saver on top)

These axles were so rusty. The dana 60 guts were a mess. It took the longest to clean by far. Gave a much needed upgrade to the internals here.

הָיָה הָיָה הָיָה

YJOTM AUG '17
post #7 of 34 Old 09-18-2017, 08:13 AM
cKruzer
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Had a huge painting party! (arguably, it could be said the whole build was one... lmao)

and of course even touched up the already red lakewood scattershield to match the red of the other parts. hahaha.

even painted the leafs, because we all know how crap the stock paint is on those. Shot with POR15 Topcoat which is stated by Eastwood to be very flexible. It is holding up very well

הָיָה הָיָה הָיָה

YJOTM AUG '17
post #8 of 34 Old 09-18-2017, 08:20 AM
cKruzer
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
The engine as received. Was supposed to come with accessories and harness and computer. None of it. Well technically half a harness. The junkyard sawsall crew had too much fun cutting out this Tahoe heart. lol. So went with a brand new standalone harness, located a computer, and had to ante up and get new accessories off fleabay.

Lots and lots and LOTS of cleaning and degreasing (all the labor made we wish i had paid the 1500$ for a rebuild just so the block could get a bath.) Im sure @Heretic122 knows the feeling lol.

And then BOOM. Lots of pretty paint to the engine.

Well that concluded the rebuild of all the puzzle pieces at the old house and the outside "dock station" lol. New home (with garage) so time to cart the whole product to the new place. Woah that was a lot of work. The jeep in stock form got the pleasure of toting its new heart to its new location (but not under its own power lol)

Heretic122 likes this.

הָיָה הָיָה הָיָה

YJOTM AUG '17
post #9 of 34 Old 09-18-2017, 08:25 AM
cKruzer
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Ok last post. Promise.

Ok so got the frame into the garage and axles located under it with leafs. Installed GM rotors on the ford spindles and hubs, with the GM 3/4 ton calipers. Welded up one ton tie rod and drag link kit. Dropped engine in, painted steering box. Lol.

went a little crazy with the paint (who wouldve thunk...).

Anddddddd painted all the accessories, even went as far as to two tone the water pump and pulleys.

Took a page out of @NHfireLJ book and went with a MBM brake kit. Very shiny and cool looking. Certainly not exactly plug and play tho. lol. You can also see here that I used a camaro master/slave kit. Welded up Dom with some plate to accept the master that normally mounts at an angle on the camaros.

Rest of the powertrain mated together. I then proceeded to lift this whole sucker by myself and stab the engine. With just two pinky fingers.

Welded up the antiwrap bar setup. and left the driveshaft unpainted. at least one thing has to remain unpainted, right?!?! lmao (actually shaft shop screwed me on the slip, so have to use this as a spare and build another)

Ran the 2.5” exhaust all the way out to the back in stock formation. Was able to tuck it up over crossmember’s so could maintain my perfectly flat belly. woot!

I never thought I would get this far. Loved every minute of the build and seriously looking forward to the next chapter of TLC and 4WD improvements!

הָיָה הָיָה הָיָה

YJOTM AUG '17
post #10 of 34 Old 09-18-2017, 08:30 AM
bruinjeeper
1995 YJ Wrangler 

congrats sir. well deserved. crawling your build thread was a pleasure. keep it up!

(seriously though. paint the driveshaft ya lazy a$$)
cKruzer likes this.

Stop whining about the 'ride' - If your YJ ain't wrangling your soul free, then might I suggest you buy a stationwagon... at least you can fit all your bull**** in the back.
~YJOTM MAY '16~
post #11 of 34 Old 09-18-2017, 08:38 AM
cKruzer
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinjeeper View Post
congrats sir. well deserved. crawling your build thread was a pleasure. keep it up!

(seriously though. paint the driveshaft ya lazy a$$)
lol im considering it while i do the tcase drop this week.

הָיָה הָיָה הָיָה

YJOTM AUG '17
post #12 of 34 Old 09-18-2017, 08:56 AM
Luuca
Typical /f12 Hooligan

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Grats Kruzer. A well built machine and a well deserved win. I like your attention to detail and paintwork.
cKruzer likes this.

91 YJ "Alice" 4.0L, AX-15, NP 231 Flange, Adams Driveshafts F/R, 2.5" OME 36Rs, 5/8" /f12 Booms, 32" Yoko ATs, 4.10 D30/35 AutoLockers F/R
YJOTM Sept. 2017
05 LJ Rubicon "Ghost"

Luck Favours The Prepared
post #13 of 34 Old 09-18-2017, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
DirtKar
I pledge allegiance.

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Those are indeed some impressive pinky fingers!
Congrats on getting your build done (for now) you did an awesome job.
cKruzer likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman

Come on by! It's easy to network locally when you join a 4x4 club especially when all the clubs in your state are united and invited to each other's runs. You meet poor folk like me or run into guys that own some of the big companies you only aspire to order from and drool when you see their products. The great uniting factor is that we are all jeepers at heart and are willing to help each other out even if its just a little. That's what the jeep wave is all about: community. The wave is the tip of the iceberg.
post #14 of 34 Old 09-18-2017, 10:08 AM
cyoos
1992 YJ Wrangler 

That is one sweet rig and your attention to detail really paid off in the end! Congrats!!!
cKruzer likes this.

4.6L/AX15/OME/1" booms in back/8.8-4.10-LSD/XJ D30 in work/32" Falken Wildpeak AT's
post #15 of 34 Old 09-18-2017, 10:21 AM
cKruzer
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Thanks @Luuca and @DirtKar and @cyoos Much appreciated!
cyoos likes this.

הָיָה הָיָה הָיָה

YJOTM AUG '17

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.