aspen cargo nets on my YJ - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > aspen cargo nets on my YJ

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear BumperRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 06-24-2013, 06:17 PM   #16
Jrivv
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhrebs View Post
Dangerous question asking Anti if he's got pix! I love the nets but my daughter love climbing into the Jeep more!!!
\ i now realize that...ha. climbing and jumping out of the jeep is pretty fun. i guess that is the only downside, if you have passengers

Jrivv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 06:01 PM   #17
Jrivv
1994 YJ Wrangler 

update: i do not recommend the aspen nets... the plastic hardware did not last long, and i knew it wouldn't, but i did not know they would use plastic hardware... i was working in the tailgate, and the quick release buckles just snapped after retightening the straps. simply poor quality. now i have to see if they give me a refund... if i do get a refund, i am going with raingler nets. anti's ways have grown on me... i must get everything that he has and suggest, for he knows... he knows... and i know nothing. i am having horrible luck with my jeep stuff and buying online... my softopper didn't fit... my nets just broke... and my bestop front seat covers were out of stock and morris 4x4 didn;t state they were out of stock until after i made my order... they were dropped shipped and now i have no idea where they are.. the only good thing was that my rear corbeau seat cover arrived and i managed to get it on... but it tears rather easily... but that is not a big issue... yet. ugh. what complicates it all is it
s online shopping... which means i don;t get my shipping refunded, and i have to pay to send it back! i need to find a local place that sells jeep stuff nearby. online shopping is being really inconvenient.
Unread 06-26-2013, 06:05 PM   #18
Luuca
Professional Novice

2005 LJ Wrangler 

There's a reason Anticanman was made a mod... Sorry to hear about your ordeal with the netting. Hope it all works out in the end.
91 YJ "Alice" 2.5L AX5 D30/35 -Busted Knuckles Yellow Jeep Club Club #91

05 LJ Rubi "Ghost" 4.0L Auto NV241 D44/44 locked 4" RE Lift 1" BL 33s
Luuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 06:11 PM   #19
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Sorry to hear the aspen nets aren't all they're cracked up to be. I'm sure there's an application for for them on someone's jeep somewhere. Even the smittybilt cres has a place for light duty netting. Both the aspen and smitty look better than the Raingler in my opinion. I would still have my smitty if it fit correctly. Let us know if their warranty department makes good on the claim.
Anticanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 06:45 PM   #20
Jrivv
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Sorry to hear the aspen nets aren't all they're cracked up to be. I'm sure there's an application for for them on someone's jeep somewhere. Even the smittybilt cres has a place for light duty netting. Both the aspen and smitty look better than the Raingler in my opinion. I would still have my smitty if it fit correctly. Let us know if their warranty department makes good on the claim.
the owners of Aspen appear to be nice, but i haven't gotten a reply yet regarding the warranty and a refund.. i'll post the outcome once i get a reply. now, i said i was going to go with Raingler, but it would cost me $330 with shipping included from raingler... my questions is do you think i should just make my own or buy from Raingler/ i wanted nets in the first place after seeing a thread on here on how to do them yourself. i was going to make them in the first place but then i saw aspen was about the same price of materials and went with them... and now I regret ig. it will cost around $200 for all the hardware-which includes steel buckles and rings-to make a whole net system for my jeep.it would be less if i had a sewing machine, but i don't, so that is why it's 200 fir me. 200 is significantly cheaper than 330, and i will be make them to my own fitment and liking. i can even buy the webbing in color....
Unread 06-26-2013, 06:49 PM   #21
Jrivv
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
There's a reason Anticanman was made a mod... Sorry to hear about your ordeal with the netting. Hope it all works out in the end.
did not notice the mod status until now....
Unread 06-26-2013, 08:54 PM   #22
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrivv View Post
the owners of Aspen appear to be nice, but i haven't gotten a reply yet regarding the warranty and a refund.. i'll post the outcome once i get a reply. now, i said i was going to go with Raingler, but it would cost me $330 with shipping included from raingler... my questions is do you think i should just make my own or buy from Raingler/ i wanted nets in the first place after seeing a thread on here on how to do them yourself. i was going to make them in the first place but then i saw aspen was about the same price of materials and went with them... and now I regret ig. it will cost around $200 for all the hardware-which includes steel buckles and rings-to make a whole net system for my jeep.it would be less if i had a sewing machine, but i don't, so that is why it's 200 fir me. 200 is significantly cheaper than 330, and i will be make them to my own fitment and liking. i can even buy the webbing in color....

It always comes down to your application. If you need something to work for you in a specific way then by all means fabricate something. Cyberprot someone or other made a set of nets and posted a tutorial on how to do it. Its a great way to make things to work for you.

On the other hand, if you don't want to hassle with the time it takes to make such nets, then call Raingler and place an order. I haven't heard a single complaint about them in all the reviews I read (and I read a LOT before I spend a dime) and I have been happy with them in their multitasking abilities.

Read a lot and make a decision.
Unread 06-26-2013, 09:01 PM   #23
Jrivv
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
It always comes down to your application. If you need something to work for you in a specific way then by all means fabricate something. Cyberprot someone or other made a set of nets and posted a tutorial on how to do it. Its a great way to make things to work for you.

On the other hand, if you don't want to hassle with the time it takes to make such nets, then call Raingler and place an order. I haven't heard a single complaint about them in all the reviews I read (and I read a LOT before I spend a dime) and I have been happy with them in their multitasking abilities.

Read a lot and make a decision.
cyber's tutorial is what I saw. I wouldn't have any concerns with purchasing from raingler. It looks like they use stronger hardware and everything I have read is good. Making them is just cheaper. I may make lean towards making them. I can make them in green rather than black. On another note, my quick release mirrors from Qtech are now backordered, and just like 4x4 morris, they Didn't let me know it was out of stock until after my order.. rather annoying. Can seem to.get anything without some kind of issue.
Unread 06-27-2013, 04:40 PM   #24
Jrivv
1994 YJ Wrangler 

they said getting a refund was not a problem, and asked me to send it back and i would get the money back after the netting was inspected. i sent it. the only downside is that i had to pay for shipping to send it back, and i don't get any of the shipping refunded... so that's $80 i don't get back, unfortunately. i wil update on the warranty one they get the nets and credit the money back. if they credit it back.
Unread 06-27-2013, 04:42 PM   #25
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the update.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.