asking price for 94 YJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > asking price for 94 YJ

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 07-16-2001, 12:06 AM   #1
DenisF

asking price for 94 YJ

I need to sell my 94 YJ and I'm trying to figure out how much is a fair asking price.

Features: 4 cyl., 5 speed, 3 inch lift, 55k miles, black & tan, runs great.

Drawbacks: softtop only, needs muffler, small amount of rust on both front fenders (rest of body in great shape).

Feel free to post a response or email me.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DenisF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2001, 11:06 AM   #2
dartboy

In my neck of the woods that Jeep is going to bring $8000-9000 bucks Canadian. Hope this helps.
dartboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2001, 04:50 PM   #3
Somohllik

I am in Southern California and you could probably get close to $7000 for it around here. The summer seems to be the best time to sell too because a lot of people want jeeps. Since you have a soft top now is an especially good time.

If you want to add a little extra value to it you can easily fix the rust. Get some rust remover from a Pep Boys or www.quadratec.com and then paint over it. I did that on my jeep and it looks good as new. It will cover it up and you'll get a higher price. Unfortunately even a little rust will discourage a lot of people. Hope this helps.

[url="http://www.Soundom.com/cgi-bin/affiliate.cgi?id=Slimmy"]Click here to make money for listening to music !![/url]
Somohllik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2001, 02:15 PM   #4
ShamRock Crawler

You might find some answers if you check:
Kelly Blue Book

or

Auto Trader.com

Hope those help.
Unread 07-18-2001, 06:26 PM   #5
-D-

My advice is to look at the blue-book trade-in value and blue-book retail value for your rig from the Kelly Blue Book site. It's how most used cars are measured by and then choose a fair price somewhere inbetween there. Most people who buy sensibly are looking to spend less than blue book (ie what you get from a dealer) and most people who sell would probably try and get more than blue-book trade in (ie what you can get from a dealer).
Also around the sacramento area where Jeeps are pretty popular (I see and wave to a lot of them), I recently got my nearly stock '95 Rio Grande for $8500 which was a pretty good price. Yours is a year older but has less miles.
Hope this helps, but why would you want to sell your jeep though?
-D-
-D- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.