asking price for 94 YJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > asking price for 94 YJ

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-15-2001, 11:06 PM   #1
DenisF

asking price for 94 YJ

I need to sell my 94 YJ and I'm trying to figure out how much is a fair asking price.

Features: 4 cyl., 5 speed, 3 inch lift, 55k miles, black & tan, runs great.

Drawbacks: softtop only, needs muffler, small amount of rust on both front fenders (rest of body in great shape).

Feel free to post a response or email me.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DenisF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2001, 10:06 AM   #2
dartboy

In my neck of the woods that Jeep is going to bring $8000-9000 bucks Canadian. Hope this helps.
dartboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2001, 03:50 PM   #3
Somohllik

I am in Southern California and you could probably get close to $7000 for it around here. The summer seems to be the best time to sell too because a lot of people want jeeps. Since you have a soft top now is an especially good time.

If you want to add a little extra value to it you can easily fix the rust. Get some rust remover from a Pep Boys or www.quadratec.com and then paint over it. I did that on my jeep and it looks good as new. It will cover it up and you'll get a higher price. Unfortunately even a little rust will discourage a lot of people. Hope this helps.

[url="http://www.Soundom.com/cgi-bin/affiliate.cgi?id=Slimmy"]Click here to make money for listening to music !![/url]
Somohllik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2001, 01:15 PM   #4
ShamRock Crawler

You might find some answers if you check:
Kelly Blue Book

or

Auto Trader.com

Hope those help.
Unread 07-18-2001, 05:26 PM   #5
-D-

My advice is to look at the blue-book trade-in value and blue-book retail value for your rig from the Kelly Blue Book site. It's how most used cars are measured by and then choose a fair price somewhere inbetween there. Most people who buy sensibly are looking to spend less than blue book (ie what you get from a dealer) and most people who sell would probably try and get more than blue-book trade in (ie what you can get from a dealer).
Also around the sacramento area where Jeeps are pretty popular (I see and wave to a lot of them), I recently got my nearly stock '95 Rio Grande for $8500 which was a pretty good price. Yours is a year older but has less miles.
Hope this helps, but why would you want to sell your jeep though?
-D-
-D- is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.