ARTICULATION 88 YJ - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > ARTICULATION 88 YJ

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 04-24-2002, 06:47 AM   #16
Bob K

I also found it helpful to loosen the shackle bolts (top and bottom) just to the point where the nut turns if you don't hold it with a wrench. If this makes you nervous just put some loc-tite on the threads and check them visually for a few weeks after. I did this more than three years ago and mine have never tried to back out further.

Slght improvement in ride and articulation, but it's free!

31" BFG A/T's
K&N Filter
Custom Rock Guards
Turbo Muffler
Rear Track Bar in the shed
Other Tricks I won't tell to just anybody!

'99 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8
Towing Package
K&N FIPK
ProComp MX6 shocks
Borla Exhaust
Tow Hooks
Alpine CD with Infinity+iPod connect
Just getting started!

If you're not living on the edge...
you're taking up too much space.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2002, 03:28 PM   #17
ealmond

hey Osburn;
My jeeping buddy has a 92 YJ with spring over axle, shackle reverse, had 33 inch tires and has run 36". He has no track bars front or back and no sway bar. I couldn't believe it. I rode with him down to Denver and back and saw no problems. The only reason I think he stays on the road is because he has Rancho 9000 shocks which allow him to soften his ride for off road, or stiffen it for pavement!!!?? I'm going to try it myself!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.