Armor - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Armor

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 03-04-2013, 09:38 PM   #1
zte87
2.5 POWER!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Armor

So I was just wandering what every one does to the tub before mounting sliders or rear quarter armor to help prevent rust? I thinking about using roll on or spray on (rattle can) bed liner on them tub before mounting mine up! Thoughts on this?

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1272253/

94 jeep zj bb lift, 31-10.50-15 toyo at2s, magnaflow exhaust!
zte87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2013, 09:41 PM   #2
Overhead
1995 YJ Wrangler 

bed liner is going to give it lots of crevices and cracks to store water and dirt, I sprayed mine and ran a bead of RTV on the top but left the bottoms open so I could wash em out.
Overhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2013, 10:26 PM   #3
gunshw301
1994 YJ Wrangler 

This. Make sure its rust free first. Install them, then caulk. I did the same, just the tops and sides. Left the bottom open, not to clean, but so any moisture that does get in can get out.

In reality, your more than likely going to have rust issues. Mine did not have any rust when installed. Couple years later I removed the rockers for upgrades and had rust. Nature of the beast.
F/S Dana 35, 4:10, open make an offer, local pick up only, will not ship. 3-8-13

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-94-b-g-yj-1034888/"]My 1994 yj build page[/URL]
gunshw301 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2013, 11:18 PM   #4
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Weather stripping isn't a bad idea. My tub sliders were completely covered in them and it made for a quick install with no chance of water being trapped.
Unread 03-04-2013, 11:20 PM   #5
kjg26
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Anti....can you post some pics?
Unread 03-04-2013, 11:29 PM   #6
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

There's some in here

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/b...74/?highlight=
Unread 03-04-2013, 11:31 PM   #7
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

When I first built mine I sprayed the tub with rattle can bedliner in the area the sliders and rear corner guards were going. Roughly three years later, I pulled them all off and shot the whole Jeep with Monsta Liner and had no rust under any of it.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.