Anyone want to group buy a Jeep for parts? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Anyone want to group buy a Jeep for parts?

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 05-11-2002, 07:50 PM   #1
GroundUpCJ7

Anyone want to group buy a Jeep for parts?

Tired of being at the mercy of "businessmen" that are trying to fleece Jeepers for parts? I can't tell you how long I've tried finding parts for my project, only to find people selling parts solely to turn a profit, and wanting too much money for imperfect parts.

I'm trying to find some guys and girls that want to put together a conglomerate to buy a 76-86 Cj or 87-95 YJ, and part it out. Basically, we'll all pledge some money to purchase the Jeep, and then part out the Jeep once it's purchased. To determine who gets what parts, we'd have a sort of draft, where each person gets to pick one item, or a logical grouping of items, per turn. The order of the draft would be determined by the order in which people contributed their portion of money to the fund. Anything that was not claimed by a member of the conglomerate would be sold, and the profits split evenly among the members of the conglomerate. Paypal will be required, and we will either put the money into a Paypal account, or some sort of Escrow. The reason for this is that it protects you, me, and the other members of the conglomerate from fraud. I'm in Northern Virginia, so for this first attempt, I think it would be easiest for people on the east coast. Full disclosure of identies would be required to become a member of the Jeep buying conglomerate, and every member of the conglomerate would know every other member and their information.

I can't believe it's taken me this long to think of this. I'll be monitoring this post, but shoot me an email if yer interested.

Unread 05-13-2002, 07:07 PM   #2
GroundUpCJ7

btt

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.