Anyone tried 6.2 sbc swap? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Anyone tried 6.2 sbc swap?

XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 04-01-2013, 08:44 AM   #1
Jakes93yj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Anyone tried 6.2 sbc swap?

Chevy has there new 6.2 in some of the newer muscle cars but I was wondering if these could have or have been swapped into a yj, big reason I'm wondering is cause it can switch to a 3.1l v4 to save gas.

Sent from my rooted Epic4g

Jakes93yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2013, 10:35 AM   #2
DLWRUBI
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Are you talking about the new 6.2L EcoTec3 engines? Those look very interesting. Not sure about any current versions of that engine though and don't know any YJ's with it. I have an LS3 6.2L myself getting ready to install but I'm hoping to still get 20-22 MPG with it...Not that I care .
DLWRUBI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #3
Jakes93yj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Not sure exactly what they are called, but its the ones that come in camaros and corvettes now, but the have a crate motor version that has hp and torque at around 450
Unread 04-01-2013, 02:42 PM   #4
DLWRUBI
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Link to crate motor?

I think your talking about Active Fuel Management which allows it to run on half the cylinders and come on Camaro's with automatics for the L99 engine. 400hp/410tq. Most people with the AFM disable it. L99 is similar to the LS3 but detuned slightly. The manual trans camaros come with the LS3 and has no AFM. Either way, I have not seen a YJ on here with an L99 or an LS3, I think I'll be the first. You can check out you tube, i think there might be one or two on there with the LS3. there is plenty around here with a 5.3L or 6.0L, be curious to see what there milage is but not really a concern for me, My 4.0L only gets 15 MPG at best anyway.
DLWRUBI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2013, 02:54 PM   #5
Morris4x4Center
Vendor

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakes93yj View Post
Chevy has there new 6.2 in some of the newer muscle cars but I was wondering if these could have or have been swapped into a yj, big reason I'm wondering is cause it can switch to a 3.1l v4 to save gas.

Sent from my rooted Epic4g
Fab work should be the same.. the wiring how ever would be a little bit of a pain.

Morris4x4Center.com

Toll Free: 877.553.5337 | Free Shipping on Orders Over $99!|
PM me for any questions or Price-Matching!
Morris4x4Center is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2013, 04:36 PM   #6
Jakes93yj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLWRUBI View Post
Link to crate motor?

I think your talking about Active Fuel Management which allows it to run on half the cylinders and come on Camaro's with automatics for the L99 engine. 400hp/410tq. Most people with the AFM disable it. L99 is similar to the LS3 but detuned slightly. The manual trans camaros come with the LS3 and has no AFM. Either way, I have not seen a YJ on here with an L99 or an LS3, I think I'll be the first. You can check out you tube, i think there might be one or two on there with the LS3. there is plenty around here with a 5.3L or 6.0L, be curious to see what there milage is but not really a concern for me, My 4.0L only gets 15 MPG at best anyway.
Your talking exactly what I was trying to explain, my 4.0 gets 15 highway, 12 city

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.