Anyone running the TBI conversion for 4.2s from Performance Fuel Injection Systems? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Anyone running the TBI conversion for 4.2s from Performance Fuel Injection Systems?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSave 17.76% for the 4th of july with ruffstuff specialtiesJuly 4th Sale Event! and Yes, We're Open!

Unread 04-20-2015, 02:41 PM   #1
Sprungover

Anyone running the TBI conversion for 4.2s from Performance Fuel Injection Systems?

It seems to be a more complete system than other aftermarket TBI systems with the inclusion of the HEI and it is several hundred dollars cheaper than other kits that dont have the HEI distributor included. I've been thinking about a MC2100/HEI conversion, but that would be halfway to this kit. I dont find much about them, but they have great feedback on ebay and a TBI system is barely more complicated than a carb.

http://pfisys.com/store-3/#!/Complet...egory=10944423

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221707904356...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Sprungover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2015, 08:10 PM   #2
bgredjeep
Web Wheeler
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I've never heard of them. The pictures look good, and it appears to be complete. I did some quick searching and wasn't able to find any reviews or posts about people running it.
bgredjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2015, 09:36 PM   #3
timatoe
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

There are a couple of other companies out there making similar kits. If you're not in CA they probably all work about the same.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2015, 11:30 PM   #4
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

I'd buy it if I had a 258. It ain't rocket science. They obviously have a source for old chevy TBI parts. (Probably local junkyards) They go through them, clean and test the injectors, (they also run an injector cleaning and testing service) test the ecm, put together an ignition and there you have a kit.
Nice to see they aren't trying to get rich off of every sale. The Chevy TBI is reliable, simple and replacement parts are plentiful.

Do a detailed write up and evaluation.
Unread 04-21-2015, 08:15 AM   #5
Sprungover

He has a walkthrough for the 350 kit and it looks like a complete kit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIjejnLBvww

I've owned this stock 1989 YJ with 71k miles since new and am finally ready to upgrade it. I've bought and sold a lot of other jeeps over the years, but never messed with this one. I am not going to spend another minute rebuilding and cleaning the carter carb.
Sprungover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2015, 10:19 AM   #6
timatoe
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

If the smog laws here in CA change like they're saying, I'll probably get his 350 kit for my little motor home.
Unread 04-22-2015, 05:26 AM   #7
vadslram
1990 YJ Wrangler 

They are pretty responsive if you have questions. I asked how their kit would work with my HEI and they answered back in less than an hour. I guess I'm going to have to start saving for a fuel injection kit.
I can't let momma know how much I spend on the rig or she will want to spend equal on shoes or some other really useless stuff
vadslram is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2015, 09:20 AM   #8
bpounds
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timatoe View Post
If the smog laws here in CA change like they're saying, I'll probably get his 350 kit for my little motor home.
What's the skinny on smog law changes?

Whatever it is, way over due IMO.
bpounds is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2015, 10:23 AM   #9
timatoe
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpounds View Post
What's the skinny on smog law changes?

Whatever it is, way over due IMO.
PM Sent
Unread 06-06-2015, 06:28 PM   #10
Sprungover

I'm going to order the system in a few weeks. They've answered a lot of my annoying questions, but I was checking to see what the gear on the HEI unit was made of due to some HEI gears eating the cam gears.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.