Anyone running Revolvers on the front? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Anyone running Revolvers on the front?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 08-14-2011, 02:05 PM   #1
chris_ce
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Anyone running Revolvers on the front?

I bought a 94 a while back and it has Revolvers on the front. They are installed upside down. Does anyone know a reason why someone would do this. Looks like the drivers side might hit the steering box bolt if I flip them over.
Reason I ask id that my springs look twisted in the front. I re torqued everything but still look twisted. Jeep drives great on the road so I don't know if it's something to worry about or not.

chris_ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2011, 04:05 PM   #2
JamesHasler
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I think revolvers work great....if you have open diffs. With lockers, you can get some mean axle wrap.

I had them front and rear with open diffs and they worked great. Lots of flex (if you match them to longer shocks, etc.) But once I got a rear locker, the rear revolvers gave me all sorts of headaches as the rear end would hop and traction would suck.

Now, I still have revolvers up front (open) and they still work great as I have modified shock towers and longer brake lines...

In terms of why they are upside down, I'm not sure. The front and rear revolvers are different. The fronts have a different geometry to clear the power steering unit. The two halves are asymmetric, whereas the rears look more symmetric.

Hope that helps!

James
JamesHasler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2011, 04:19 PM   #3
levergun
1979 CJ5 

I don't see any reason for that. I have them on the front of my cj and I hate them. They do all kinds off wierd things. Especially if you hit some big bumps or ridges at higher speeds. They do help flex off road but I don't think it's worth it. I'm about to go to boomerangs on mine. They work way better IMO.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.