Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Anyone running Revolvers on the front?

511 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  levergun 
#1 ·
I bought a 94 a while back and it has Revolvers on the front. They are installed upside down. Does anyone know a reason why someone would do this. Looks like the drivers side might hit the steering box bolt if I flip them over.
Reason I ask id that my springs look twisted in the front. I re torqued everything but still look twisted. Jeep drives great on the road so I don't know if it's something to worry about or not.

#2 ·
I think revolvers work great....if you have open diffs. With lockers, you can get some mean axle wrap.

I had them front and rear with open diffs and they worked great. Lots of flex (if you match them to longer shocks, etc.) But once I got a rear locker, the rear revolvers gave me all sorts of headaches as the rear end would hop and traction would suck.

Now, I still have revolvers up front (open) and they still work great as I have modified shock towers and longer brake lines...

In terms of why they are upside down, I'm not sure. The front and rear revolvers are different. The fronts have a different geometry to clear the power steering unit. The two halves are asymmetric, whereas the rears look more symmetric.

Hope that helps!

James

#3 ·
I don't see any reason for that. I have them on the front of my cj and I hate them. They do all kinds off wierd things. Especially if you hit some big bumps or ridges at higher speeds. They do help flex off road but I don't think it's worth it. I'm about to go to boomerangs on mine. They work way better IMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.