Anyone running a Bestop Halftop with hard doors? Problems/questions. - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Anyone running a Bestop Halftop with hard doors? Problems/questions.

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Reply
Unread 08-03-2013, 10:13 PM   #1
jred
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 232
Anyone running a Bestop Halftop with hard doors? Problems/questions.

My halftop came in this week. Checked the weather last night, 10% chance of rain. Took the hard top off in preparation of installing the halftop today. Woke up this morning, late. Skies *really* dark. 90% chance of rain

Anyway, rain passed, and I get to work putting the top on. Get it all done, put the doors back on... and they don't want to close. I've got the door frame adjustment all the way back, and that makes it fit there, but the top loop of the door really squeezes the top frame bar. Right on the plastic hinge, which worries me. I've got the seal wrapped and velcroed around the bar, but even when I pulled that off, it's still super tight. If I slam the door HARD, it will close, but when I open it, it sproings open. Is that right? I did leave the pad on the spreader bar, would that make the difference?

Slightly related, I got the top from a vendor here, Morris 4x4. On the back window, one of the snaps is missing. Should I contact Morris or Bestop about that?

Thanks!

jred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2013, 10:15 PM   #2
89yjislanderr
Registered User
1989 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: columbia, sc
Posts: 113
I'd contact Morris about that, they're usually really good about replacing parts like that.
89yjislanderr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools






Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.