Anyone with procomp leafs getting good flex?? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Anyone with procomp leafs getting good flex??

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 03-25-2010, 08:08 PM   #16
RockCrawlerYJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockWoRM View Post
well, this is a pic I'm not particularly proud of... but it was awhile ago when I was on pro-craps. that's about the best flex I got out of these springs... not to mention the hard/harch ride. (which I hated)

Needless to say... I kinda got tired of "3 wheeling" all the time!!!

WRM
I'm always three wheeling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RockCrawlerYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2010, 09:12 AM   #17
npheadrush
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Im running pro-comps. When I first installed them they were stiff as ****. I since moved the rears up front since they had one less leaf. The fronts I took apart and took out a leaf and installed them on the rear. It seems to work really good. Get quite a bit of flex now esp. after I took out the sway bar and removed rear track bar. Ive been driving this too as a daily for almost two years on this setup and no problems yet.

Last edited by npheadrush; 03-26-2010 at 01:22 PM..
npheadrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2010, 09:14 AM   #18
npheadrush
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I also have a shackle reversal if that helps.
npheadrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2010, 09:27 AM   #19
planedog
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I am pretty satisfied with my Pro-Comp springs. I wonder what shocks you have, are they long enough to let the springs droop?
planedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2010, 03:26 PM   #20
RockCrawlerYJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Got my boom shackles today will post pics and let you all know how well I do in Moab next week!!

P.S. whos going to Moab next week?
Unread 03-30-2010, 07:55 PM   #21
RockCrawlerYJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Alright boys and girls I put on my new boom shackles and barely tightened the bolts at all and lock tightened them. Check me out now!!! I'm very impressed with my little pro comp lift now! and that front axle wasn't even close to coming of the ground! Not to mention an INCH TALLER!
img_7907.jpg   img_7908.jpg  
Unread 03-31-2010, 08:39 PM   #22
RockCrawlerYJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

ouch! bump
Unread 03-31-2010, 08:47 PM   #23
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockCrawlerYJ View Post
Alright boys and girls I put on my new boom shackles and barely tightened the bolts at all and lock tightened them. Check me out now!!! I'm very impressed with my little pro comp lift now! and that front axle wasn't even close to coming of the ground! Not to mention an INCH TALLER!

Are you aware that you are running directional tires in the wrong direction ?
Unread 03-31-2010, 10:12 PM   #24
T-Mack
1994 YJ Wrangler 

hows the ride with them boom shackles? i too have a pro comp lift and have been thinking about getting some booms
T-Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2010, 10:22 PM   #25
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
Are you aware that you are running directional tires in the wrong direction ?
I have seen rock crawlers do the same thing and was just about to ask. I'm pretty sure Clifton Slay did it in one of the Ultimate Adventure videos. Maybe it was someone else but whatever, somebody thought it was a good idea.

Also, I had a pretty stiff rough country 4" kit and added some 1" shackles and the difference is night and day.
Toms87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2010, 12:14 AM   #26
RockCrawlerYJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms87 View Post
I have seen rock crawlers do the same thing and was just about to ask. I'm pretty sure Clifton Slay did it in one of the Ultimate Adventure videos. Maybe it was someone else but whatever, somebody thought it was a good idea.

Also, I had a pretty stiff rough country 4" kit and added some 1" shackles and the difference is night and day.
You got it! And it was Clifton on "Suicide Sally" Way better grip on that slick rock. It tracks all over the road though. I have heard some guys turn all four around and some just do the fronts, I think I'm going to turn the rears too.
The ride is very soft now with the new booms, it used to be a tank! Night and day flex also.
Unread 04-01-2010, 12:37 AM   #27
RockWoRM
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockCrawlerYJ View Post
Got my boom shackles today will post pics and let you all know how well I do in Moab next week!!

P.S. whos going to Moab next week?
congrats on getting a little better flex.

I'm mega jealous you're going to Moab! Post up some pics and don't flop your junk. (easy to do in Moab. )

WRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80 CHOPPER View Post
Knowledge is a tool, without knowledge, you are just a tool.
RockWoRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2010, 12:50 AM   #28
RockCrawlerYJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

will do. My profile pic is from pritchett last year, I haven't missed the safari in 6 years. Leavin in the morning.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.