anyone have a tape measure near there yj wana help me out? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > anyone have a tape measure near there yj wana help me out?

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 08-27-2013, 06:29 PM   #1
800mxzx
1990 YJ Wrangler 

anyone have a tape measure near there yj wana help me out?

So i am just finaly putting my interior back together thanks to simple rotten floor boards project that turned into rocker replacement also then new graphic red paint outside and spray raptor liner the interior but anyways............. i did not drill the holes in new floor pans for the seat belt bolts as i didnt want the treads sprayed full of bed liner. i wrote down the measurements to bolt hole from the step up to back floor and from the rocker panels. well sometime over the last 2 weeks i lost my note with the measurements... the ones i really need are the female ends of seat belts ( near center counsel) could also use measuremnts for the other end of belt that mounts to floor behind seat, these are less important as there is no nuts left under the new floor anyways so i can put where i want (old floors where so bad that this end of belt was just tied to seat frames lol... so yeah if someone wants to be the man that saves my day and measure those for me i would really appreciate it greatly

800mxzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 06:49 PM   #2
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/n...nners-1330839/
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 07:48 PM   #3
800mxzx
1990 YJ Wrangler 

i did find that in search but it sounded like he is switching to the newer locations... which i didnt know they changed carpet and such in the yj's. mines a 90' also seems like most changes like rool bar and big gas tank happened in 91 or 92??? im not real sure i have always had older cj's
Unread 08-27-2013, 07:53 PM   #4
Norcal_chris

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Came into the thread ready to help.

Then saw the question and started laughing. I think I have less floor than I have open holes. And that isnt an exxageration
Unread 08-28-2013, 10:00 AM   #5
800mxzx
1990 YJ Wrangler 

seen 2 tj's with there tops off sitting in parking lots.... where are the yj's parked when i need them
Unread 08-28-2013, 10:18 AM   #6
Luuca
Professional Novice

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Just so happens I have my 91 with me today.

All measurements are taken above any seam sealer where the tub edges are, flat against the metal.

The female seat belt bolt-holes are approximately:

From below the seat belt assembly spool on the driver's side of the Jeep, the hole is 21.5 inches inward

From the rear step towards the front of the Jeep the hole is 6.75 inches inward

I assume the same for the passenger.

My seat belt connects to the pan on the opposite side 4 inches from the rear step of the tub and about 1 inch from the side.

Hope this helps
91 YJ "Alice" 2.5L AX5 D30/35 -Busted Knuckles Yellow Jeep Club Club #91

05 LJ Rubi "Ghost" 4.0L Auto NV241 D44/44 locked 4" RE Lift 1" BL 33s
Luuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2013, 08:56 AM   #7
800mxzx
1990 YJ Wrangler 

thanks so much! i'll get out and start drillin. just in time since taking a 3 day forest road/ trail cruise and camp trip this weekend. if anyones riding between iron river mi and cooper harbor this weekend lmk if ya wana meet up. i ride it all the time on sleds and quad but this will be the first in the jeep

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.