anyone ever convert their carb'd engine to a TBI setup using junk yard parts? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > anyone ever convert their carb'd engine to a TBI setup using junk yard parts?

Ledlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 03-02-2002, 05:13 PM   #1
87JeepWrangler

anyone ever convert their carb'd engine to a TBI setup using junk yard parts?

im wondering how easy of a setup this would be. i do not want to spend the $1200 on a howell conversion. im looking to switch a chevy 350 over from carb to tbi. what parts would i need to get from a junked car, and what would the price be? also, how easy of a swap is it? i dont really know too much about tbi setups, but i think i could do it. i already have exhaust manifolds with places for 02 sensors, and a couple other random tbi parts. any help would be appreciated. tia.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.