anybody got the parking break fixed yet? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > anybody got the parking break fixed yet?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 10-16-2002, 01:34 AM   #1
93 Blue Demon YJ

anybody got the parking break fixed yet?

just wondering if anyone had the recalled parking break fixed yet? and their thoughts on it. Thx

Unread 10-16-2002, 03:55 AM   #2
GHJEEP94YJ

Yeah, I got mine done... To me it didn't make a diffrence because my cable on the right rear has snapped and so it is ineffetive and the left on is to strong enought to hold. it also has somthing to do with the fact that my return spring isn't worth a crap and I have to run all new cable. What made it all worth it is that the rental car I got was a change. I put well over 300 miles on it in a 6 hour period and found out that a 99 neon with a 2.0 has a governer at 119 mph
Spray In Liner, Rancho RS 5000's
Use the long skinny pedal and you will be okay.

[URL=http://www.jeeps4me.com]Great source of information and fun.[/URL]
BLACK JEEP CLUB MEMBER #8
GHJEEP94YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2002, 08:24 AM   #3
FunkSkunk
Sold my soul to JeepForum

1992 YJ Wrangler 

I'll be going soon, just got the letter yesterday. Mine came unbraked in my flat driveway the other night! I had it in gear but I heard this nasty sound and saw my jeep rockin' back and forth. Who actually trusts a parking brake anyway??! I'll let ya know how my rental goes too
Unread 10-16-2002, 09:14 AM   #4
Paulwpetrea

since my axle swap was done ... it's only there for looks now.

|[URL=http://www.livingincebu.com/]Living In Cebu[/URL]|[URL=http://www.cebutours.com/]CebuTours.com[/URL]|[URL=http://www.livingincebuforums.com/ipb]LinC Forums[/URL]|
Paulwpetrea is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2002, 09:22 AM   #5
V8wrangler_idaho

was there a recall on the parking brakes?? if so what year yjs is the recall for? is there any places you know where i could look up more info on the recall??

93 wrangler 8 inch SOA SRS suspention lift 35/12.50 Mt. efi 350 700r4 tranny np 205 t case dana 44s front and rear. lots of extras.
V8wrangler_idaho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2002, 11:28 AM   #6
GEAH
1974 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally posted by V8wrangler_idaho
was there a recall on the parking brakes?? if so what year yjs is the recall for? is there any places you know where i could look up more info on the recall??
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...threadid=20271
Unread 10-16-2002, 12:46 PM   #7
moabster
2011 WK 

I got my notice a couple of days ago. Since I bought this YJ from the previous owner, how does Daimler Chrysler know that I have the jeep now?
Anyway, they found me. I have an appointment to get it fixed next Wednesday. Maybe I'll test drive a Rubicon for a couple of hours while they fix it.
Bullet Proof Front and Rear Bumpers and Tow bar
moabster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2002, 01:24 PM   #8
AllanAlxndr

Quote:
Originally posted by moabster
I got my notice a couple of days ago. Since I bought this YJ from the previous owner, how does Daimler Chrysler know that I have the jeep now?
Anyway, they found me. I have an appointment to get it fixed next Wednesday. Maybe I'll test drive a Rubicon for a couple of hours while they fix it.
They go through the DMV and run a check on who owns that year and model. I just received my notice yesterday..

*'90 Wrangler*
*4 Banger*
*6" of lift, (4" suspension, 2" body)*
*33" ATs on Outlaw II's*
*Pioneer DEH3500/CD deck*
*1800WATT Amp w/ Custom Box*
*2 - 8" Rockford Fosgate HEs*
*Cobra 18WXSTII w/ 4' Firestik Antenna*

Member of Arizona Virtual Jeep Club
AllanAlxndr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2002, 10:46 PM   #9
BuMpYJ

do you get the rental cars for free? i doubt they'd give me one since im only 18, i hate that liability stuff.

[URL=www.misfitoffroad.com]Misfit Offroad[/URL]
BuMpYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2002, 11:36 PM   #10
GHJEEP94YJ

Bumpy, no you don't get a rental car for free. Mine was 25 bucks but it had unlimited mileage. You are susposed to be 21 to get a rental car from DC. I had my G/F sign for it (she's 24) and they had no prolbem with it.
Spray In Liner, Rancho RS 5000's
Use the long skinny pedal and you will be okay.

[URL=http://www.jeeps4me.com]Great source of information and fun.[/URL]
BLACK JEEP CLUB MEMBER #8
GHJEEP94YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2002, 12:44 AM   #11
Quan

I got my notice the other day and i called the local dealership today.... they said they couldnt do it yet because they didnt have the parts yet. Said they would order the parts and call me back when they were in... what a bunch of bullsh*t! I want that damned thing fixed.. it almost breaks my foot sometimes when it snaps back as soon as i put it down.

[b][COLOR=green]Green[/color] Jeep Club Member #15[/b]
[b]My Jeep Made Me Broke Club Member #2[/b]

93 YJ I-6 w/ stuff

Keep the [COLOR=blue]greasy[/color] side down
[URL=http://members.cox.net/quanno/ford88.html]FORD 8.8 INFO HERE![/URL]
Quan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2002, 12:57 AM   #12
spgsig

Will the letter come to me even though I'm paying on a loan or will it go to my lender?
Borla Header and high flow exhaust
more to come....
spgsig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2002, 10:39 AM   #13
RideRed04

Anyone know where to check to see what month mine was made? If it was after july, I am golden. Is there a sticker on the jeep somewhere? If I'm not covered by it, should I just write crap to DC untill they cover it? Mine deffinatly does this. I think an e-mail a day should cover it..
Unread 10-17-2002, 12:26 PM   #14
GEAH
1974 CJ5 

I think you should be able to tell by the VIN number and a shop manual.
There will prolly be a couple digits in the vin that designate the month and year.
Unread 10-17-2002, 03:30 PM   #15
LoOpY

Quote:
Originally posted by Quan
I got my notice the other day and i called the local dealership today.... they said they couldnt do it yet because they didnt have the parts yet. Said they would order the parts and call me back when they were in... what a bunch of bullsh*t! I want that damned thing fixed.. it almost breaks my foot sometimes when it snaps back as soon as i put it down.
did you take it to a jeep garage? cause i just brought mine in today to a dodge garage. they said theyd do it, but i had to bring it in today for them to inspect because theres 3 different parts packages, and DC being cheap, doesnt want to give you the full pedal if they dont have to. so yeah, they know what package they need for me now, but duder said my park brake cables wont release! grrrr, i dont believe him, but now im gonna hafta put it up on the hoist at school on monday just to be sure...
LoOpY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.